Chapter 54: The War; Return of the Crown

Mother... Father.

Umki.

My family.

My people.

Chaewon... why do they have to leave?

Minju's ears ringed in silence. No sound from the war she heard but her own cracking heart. She drops on her knees. Eyes shed tears.

My parents, the citizens of the slum, My Chaewon, they all succumbed... because I did do nothing.

"Minju!!"

Because I couldn't do nothing.

I lost them. Because I'm incapable.

"Come to your senses!"

Who's voice is it? She thought she's hearing things, but at the same time it didn't reach her.

"Snap out of it Kim Minju!"

I can't hear anything.

Chaewon... guide me. Help me.

Minju's eyes led her to the ground where Chaewon is resting lifelessly. A paper fell from her cloth.

It's a painting. She picked it up with trembling hands, only to break more tears when memories of it recalled in her mind.

"Chaewon... I think my power's useless."

"Nothing about you is useless, Princess."

"No. I can't even draw anything than doodles! It's no use."

"Here, let me teach you."

Just a small memory she holds dear. Chaewon kept it all this time.

A painting of a dragon that she showed her once.

Minju clenched her fist. "That's right. I'm already too late. I can't save you anymore. I've already lost you."

The only thing she could do...

Is to avenge the death of Chaewon. This city, this empire, this world. They're undeserving to still remain. Everyone is undeserving to even live. She ought to destroy this world. Everything will succumb the same way they done to Chaewon.

"WAKE THE F*CK UP!" Yena suddenly slapped Minju out of her trance. The older shakes the princess by her shoulder. "Keep your sanity!"

Minju raised her head and recognized Yena.

But then a breath of red flames roared towards their direction. Yena crouched down covering Minju.

When a wall of frozen crystal suddenly rose around them that protected them from the flame. The outside of the ice melted, but it saved them. They can see clearly the sight outside.

The other members fought against the Gods.

"I can't even keep her." Minju's thoughts still lingers Chaewon. "I failed to keep her."

"If you're thinking of revenge, you better no—"

"I'll kill everyone— AH!"

Yena slapped Minju again.

"You already saw what happened to me." Yena herself can't help hold back her tears. "Yuri wanted to live... I couldn't help her. I lost myself, and almost destroyed everything."