Chapter 53: The War; Another Fallen Comrade

"Yul," nothing else came out from Yena's mouth but Yuri's name. Tears in her eyes she can't stop as she caressed her lifeless lover's face.

The loud screams and rumbles from the occurring war, Yena never heard a slight of it. All she hears is the regret in her own mind, crying and mourning over her beloved. "Stay with me." She uttered in despair while she hugged the younger in between her own arms.

The sky, it rumbles even gloomer, emits even more darkness. Golden lightning starts appearing in between the clouds just above Yena as if it answers the call of her cries.

"Yuri..." and so the last tear drops, followed by bolts of electric that sparks in her left eye. "I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"

Her scream summoned a loud thunder followed by an enormous lightning that lands right on Yena's stood. The wave of strong wind the blast made blew almost everyone away, even including the awoken spirits. Her mana absorbs the heat of the lightning that burns bits of her clothes. Yena's hair sparks golden bolts just as the same as the hue of her eye.

She lost it. Yena lost control of herself. She have grown berserk.

"N-no way." Chaewon, Minju, Eunbi, and the newly woke Hyewon witnessed the insanity of their comrade.

They all watched how Yena pushed her own acceleration to the limit. No one can longer see her track. Yena overcame her own speed to the point that she's already teleporting from place to place, killing every enemy on her path one by one.

"Stop her!" Eunbi started panicking. All of them does.

Especially, when they saw the God and Goddesses's eyes turning golden.

Yena started empowering the three Gods, even including Sakura, Yujin, and Nako.

Eunbi and Hyewon engaged in the battle and fought against them.

While Minju... she keeps holding tight of Chaewon's wrist.

"I need to go, Princess." Chaewon faced Minju and held both her hands. She looks at the princess with gaze full of assurance. "Yena needs me."

"No." Minju shakes her head with eyes starts glistening. "Stay, Chaewon. I need you too."

"Princess. This empire is your life. I have oath my soul to serve you until the death of me. So protecting the Central is also protecting you." With a small smile, Chaewon touched Minju's face with her palm ever so soothingly. "I must go. Let me go."

"Chaewon..." Minju couldn't do anything more when Chaewon already released her own grip from hers.

She ran towards Yena with her eye glowing the same gold.

"KIM CHAEWON!" Minju attempts to follow, scared of losing her. But particles of ice crawls from the ground that restrains her feet. She tried to struggle but she can't get off. It only made her cry more angrily.

"Release me at once, Hyewon!"

"No! You are a princess Minju!" Growing weak, Hyewon kneels on the ground with sweats dripping down. She looks at Minju before standing to fight again. "Whatever happens, both of us must remain alive!"

"I'm not selfish to save only myself!"

"Your not saving yourself— you're saving everyone! Who will lead your kingdom if you die?! Who will maintain peace within our lands?! No one but you! Us! So live!"

"B-But Chaewon..."

"Stop coming apart!"

Minju froze shocked when she saw the reflection on Hyewon's eyes. There were tears as well.