Chapter 26: Unbounded Hatred

It is evening that time at midnight, Sakura was in her cabin unable to sleep as she was still upset about the moon phasing. The moon changed phase. It could only mean one thing.

Luna's sleeping spirit is still alive somewhere.

If the spirit is still alive... could it be inside a descendant? Could someone have survived the raid? If it really is what she thinks it is.. it only means Luna's child is alive somewhere. Chaeyeon's opposite didn't die.

Sakura tried, but she just couldn't find it. Although she knew that child is just somewhere near, she can sense it.

Sakura only lets out a deep sighs at the failure. The moon changed only this night after more than a hundred years. It's been a first time. And it's no good news. Now that she knew the three's sleeping spirits are all alive, it might lead to another doom war soon. A war that could be worse than the past battles.

"Mama," her thoughts were interrupted by Nako's entrance.

Sakura doesn't need to turn around to see, she already knew it was Nako... with the unconscious Hitomi she carried on her arms. "Are you finished?"

"Yes, Hii-chan's greatly exhausted."

"Is she okay?" Sakura turned around to carefully rub the younger's cheek. Her eyebrows raised in sympathy seeing how Hitomi's state is.

The younger demon was sweaty, almost out of breath and the expression on her face screamed that she's in pain.

"It was a dangerous timing."

"I felt it too. The moon changed phase." Nako uttered while she laid the unconscious one on the bed as carefully as she could and tucked her in a warm blanket. "Hii-chan's sleeping spirit almost woke by the moon's activity. How could it happen?"

"It was Luna's child... that child might be alive and almost woke her spirit as well.

"I haven't met this Luna person. Is she like Hii's father?"

"Yes," Sakura clenched her jaw. Her furs raised at the threatened thought. "Luna is very well similar to Yoko. Selene as well." Sakura stepped close to Hitomi and caressed her hair softly. "It must've been painful through the whole process."

"She kept telling me earlier that she's in so much pain, I couldn't help in anyway to get rid of what she felt. It pained me also, Mother. I don't like watching Hitomi in that situation."

Sakura turned all soft seeing how dearly Nako looked at Hitomi. Her eyes spoke of it all. She knew something have developed deeper that what's current.

"But we might have a problem. I think that brat witnessed."

"Brat?"

"That skinny, tall brat." Nako had her nose scrunched as she frustratingly lets out a deep sigh.

"Ah, Wonyoung? Well she got lost earlier wondering the forest." She looks at Nako, face turned serious. "Did she saw Hitomi?"

"Possibly no. Perhaps she only heard us. But it's embarrassing she might think we... we... she might think of something else!"

"It's better she'd think of it that way. At least Hitomi's secret won't be exposed."

"Yeah... but Mama. Training those humans, is that the only reason you want to stay at least just for few days."

It made Sakura stop. Slowly, she blowed away the candle that's illuminating the dim room that only left them with their inhuman vision to see in the dark. "What do you think my purpose is?"