Chapter 48: Bleeding Snowfall

"Young Mistress," Lia came to Chaeyeon. "You, all of you need to leave. Now."

"Why?"

"Divine owl clan has fallen."

The said words was like a knife to Chaeyeon, being stabbed straight to her chest. "Y-you're lying." She stuttered. There's just no way, right? The clan that stood mightily for uncountable years... that just couldn't happen.

"King Hwan ordered to execute every member of your clan."

Lia's firm expression made her totally weak, and so she dropped to the ground. "My clan." She came into realization instantly. "Where are my siblings?!"

"Don't worry. The Patriarch is strong, they can't take her down easily. Yeji's accompanying her as well along with the youngest Lee. They have escaped."

"We've escorted Wonyoung," Ryujin spoke this time. "But I think we've been followed. You need to flee away right now."

"Footsteps," all of them turned to Yuri, seeing her eyes shaking and her hand over each her ears.

"Unnie!" Yujin called as well. She pushed Yuna's face away with her palm as she sniffed in the air. "I smell strangers. Danger!"

"Ah, sh*t." Chaewon uttered a curse even she herself didn't realize.

All of them started falling anxious.

Until a loud thud from the back earned their attention. "Let's get out of here!" Sakura says and kicks the wall with all her strength. The wall crumbled. They stood to escape towards the passage Sakura had made.

Only to stop, breath hitched when...

A whole army are already lining up against them. The frontline wizards all had their arms raised casting each their magics.

"F*ck."

Almost all of them cursed at the same time. They got caught off guard that they weren't able to react when, "Fire!!" a command states that called all the wizards to release their power all at once!

A huge mana gathered, and the next thing they knew a deafening blast shot right through the air that blew the girls away! Even the house turned wreckage. Every single material the blast past right through turned into tiny debris after a second.

Mist of dirty smokes appeared as an after-result of the explosion. Silence followed after the violent crash.

"You'll pay for this," Sakura barely managed to stand. Her body covered with burns and bleeding wounds. The demons and Eunbi were the only ones remained standing, even barely stable. The others had fallen completely harmed.

"Are we too late?" Chaewon whispered with her rasp voice. Blood dripped from her head as she weakly looked around, only to fall in despair.

"We've been surrounded." Chaeyeon said growing hopeless.

"Terrorists!" An echoed laughter came from a familiar face. It was Hwan's most trusted knight, the commander who earned the highest position in the imperial military. "Do you like our little surprise?"

"They found us," Ryujin spits out blood as she clutched onto her stomach with pain plastered on her face. "I'm sorry, Mistress. We have led them to you."

"Tsk tsk! Patriarch of Divine Owl even sent her people?" The commander grinned by the sight of Ryujin, Lia, and Yuna. "Eventually, it's no use. My King had requested for each your heads." With his smirk growing more, he raised his sword with threat of execution for this terrorists.