Special Chapter: Wail of the Storm (The Queen's Adventures) III

"What is he to you?" It was what entered Minju's ears as soon she stepped foot out of the light portal, into another world. She concluded it's another mistaken world again. The voice she heard just now is yet again another familiar one.

"Why do I always encounter you?" Minju whispers to herself the moment she saw another alternate Wonyoung. All those past worlds she's been from, Wonyoung's always present. Is it because she has been missing her? That wouldn't be. Chaeyeon only appeared once and Hitomi never did. Or.. could it be something else? Pure coincidence?

Minju squints her eyebrows to make sure if she saw it right. And she is. There was another person whom Wonyoung's arguing with. And it's oddly Yuna.

"Like you care anyway," the way Yuna turns away with grimace tells Minju the hint of disgust the girl had for Wonyoung.

Now what is this situation?

"Lucky, you don't know how much I care."

Minju turned shock to see Wonyoung had her eyes glowing red as she steps closer to Yuna. The moment Yuna's back hit the wall, Wonyoung slammed her palm beside Yuna's head that caused cracks on the concrete. Her breathing pattern indicates her anger.

"Kamal clearly has his eyes on you. I don't like it."

Such strength... Minju's eyes is glued to the broken wall Wonyoung had just crashed. And the way her eyes changed hue.. is it because she's not human in this world? And then she came to realize, she didn't sense any mana energy on the people she had met in the past worlds. It could be that magic doesn't exist in them.

But this world is different. There was this dark aura that Minju sensed within this Wonyoung. A flowing aura that's similar to a demon. Do demons exist in this world as well? Or is Wonyoung another creature similar to demons?

"So what?" Yuna sarcastically answers. Wonyoung's grievous glare would've feared any person away, but Yuna didn't cower. As if she's already used to seeing the same menace behind these ruby eyes. "He likes me, that's good. At least he can return my feelings."

Furious, Wonyoung crumbles the wall as she curls her fingers as if what she's holding was mere block of chalk. "Don't start with me, Clover."

"What? There's nothing wrong with it. Don't act like it's a crime, Valeriana. Kamal can understand me. He can accept me. He.. doesn't treat me as if I'm—"

"Is there a part of you I don't accept?!" Wonyoung, called by the name Valeriana raised her voice. The trembling of her hands shows of her fury. "What part of you can I not understand? He doesn't treat you like what?? What things is he capable of doing that I can't?!"

"He treats me like a normal human!" Clover forced to push Val away. "He never hurt me. You always did."

Val fell quiet. The two of them does. Only stared at each other as if trying to read the thoughts hidden behind their minds their mouths can't speak of.

"Clover And Valeriana.." Minju whispers. She realized they have different names in this world. And she also came to realize, these two must've shared an intimate relationship. It's crazy when she thinks about how Yuna from her world used to like Wonyoung too. Even always fights with Yujin. She began to wonder where Yujin in this world could be, and what different name she has.

But that isn't important right now. Clover and Val must've had a serious fight. It's not that Minju's been infected with Yuri's habit of gossiping, but she just finds the situation intriguing.

"Hurt you.. in what way?" Val whispers, yet the anger in her tone didn't settle. It's still there.

"A lot of times you don't know."