Couple months later

Adora Pov:

It has been a quiet couple months since the Horde has attacked brightmoon. Which makes me kinda nervous that they are planning something big. On the other hand since me and Glimmer have gotten together there has been no moment that I wasn’t super happy. 

I wanted to plan something big for our first big date. We haven’t been able to really be on a date since Glimmer became queen. So I am planning a surprise big picnic dinner by the creek in the forest. 

   Then after we lay on the grass and watch the sunset. She finally gets a break this weekend so I have had a lot of time to set up and of course a lot of help from Bow. "Did you get the chocolate covered strawberries?" "Yes Bow I did they are in the basket."

  "Okay good umm what about the alfredo, breadsticks, grape juice, silver wa-." I cut Bow off mid sentence laughing "Yes Bow I got everything. Why are you nervous? I should be the one who is nervous."

   He smiled and gave me a nod while he tried to calm himself down and help me calm down. "I know you guys are just my best friend. I want your night to be perfect. Also don’t worry she will love it and she will love you no matter what." 

  "Thanks Bow." After that we had to be quiet and hide everything because we heard Glimmer coming down the hall. Not long after she walks in with a confused look on her face. "What are you two up to?" 

  "Nothing.. how was your meeting baby?" I asked trying to change the subject she also would blush and love when I called her baby. So blushing she responded with, "It was good just super tiring that’s all." 

  "How was your guy’s day?" Me and Bow just responded with good and that we were cleaning and watching for any sign of the Horde, still nothing. 

    After the Bow and I exchanged looks and he got the hint. "Well I guess I better get to bed, it's pretty late." He walked to the door opening it and closing it quietly when he left waving goodbye. 

   "Do you wanna cuddle?" I asked, hugging her from behind and giving her a kiss on her cheek. "That would be amazing!" She said happily as she grabbed me and teleported us into bed. 

    We stayed up for a bit talking but eventually both fell asleep. Glimmer fell asleep first with her head on my chest so I just laid my head on top of hers and fell asleep. 

    I would wake up a few times in the night though not from bad dreams but like a feeling like something was going to happen. LIke any minute I would just wake up to Catra in my room or something happening to Brightmoon or to Glimmer and Bow.

    I have never been able to relax though but it does help that Glimmer is with me. Sometimes I would wake up, see her and go back to sleep or she would kinda wake up and help calm me down by rubbing my back until I fell asleep again. 

    Tonight though I think we were just super tired because we both just crashed and didn't wake up for the rest of the night and even slept in past breakfast. "Morning beautiful." Glimmer said as she sat up and stretched.

   "Morning, how did you sleep?" "Good but I should be asking you that. Did you wake up at all last night?" "No, I was out last night."

     I tried to get out of bed but Glimmer grabbed me back into a hug. "Do we have to get up or can we cuddle for like five more minutes?" I smilled at her and squeezed her back.

    "I think we have like five more minutes to spare. As long as we meet Bow by nine I think we are okay." "Yay," Glimmer shouted as she put her head back on my chest.

     Five minutes later me and Glimmer rolled out of bed, got ready and headed to meet Bow at the dining hall. I was excited because tonight was the surprise picnic! "Why are you so excited? Don’t get me wrong it is cute but I am just confused why." 

     Glimmer asked me, laughing and sparkles flying around her head. "Oh nothing you will find out later." Not long after we were with Bow eating breakfast. 

     We didn't get to chat long though because in the distance we heard trees falling down. I looked out the window squinting my eyes and I could make out what looked like bots, Horde bots. "Ready to kick some Horde butt!"

     Bow said as he grabbed his Bow and my sword. "Ready!" me and Glimmer responded as we raced outside.