👾 Arcade 👾

*inspired by 80's video games*

Nobody's POV

Luke's eyes were glued to the screen of an arcade machine. This particular arcade recently opened up near his neighbourhood and the auburn-haired boy practically begged his parents to take him there. After around 2 weeks of listening to him beg and promise to wash the dishes for a whole month, they were tired of it and finally decided to give their son some spare change to spend there. Luke was overjoyed!

The auburn-haired boy grunted while a blond-haired girl stood beside him, grinning. "I won, again," She boasted, "cmon, where's my change?" Luke sighed before reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a quarter. She tutted as Luke gave it to her.

"A quarter? Are you kidding? My boyfriend always-" The girl shouted, but got interrupted by somebody yelling louder. "ZOEY!" A woman, who had an identical hair colour as the lime-eyed girl, screeched. "What did I say about stealing people's money? You're extremely lucky your father and I can take you to these nice places, get here right now!" She growled. Zoey softened up very quick.

"Mom! I'm not stealing his money! I won fair-in-square!" She shouted across the arcade, attracting a small audience, however, her mother did not seem to listen. Zoey gave up trying to persuade her. "H-here," She stuttered, handing the quarter back to Luke, "you keep it, I need to go somewhere." Luke grinned smugly. "Alright, cya!" He waved, trying not to laugh. The green-eyed girl hurried away.

"Note to self: never bet any of my quarters again." Luke mumbled to himself, putting another coin into the machine that had the words 'Donkey Kong' on it.

The golden-eyed boy continued to play the game for a while, eventually getting bored of it. He decided to look around for a new game to play.

Walking through the rows of machines, he could see crowds outside the window, waiting to step inside. He also saw people inserting tickets into another machine, one which wasn't for playing games. He noticed that after people put the tickets into the machine, they would get a little receipt saying how many tickets they had collected from the games.

So far, Luke had only collected around 23 tickets. Desperate for more, the auburn-haired boy wandered around for more machines, eventually coming across one that read, 'PAC-MAN' on the top. There were two machines and one of them was occupied by a purple-haired boy. Thinking he was quite cute, Luke hesitantly walked towards him.

"H-hey," He stammered, his cheeks heating up, "is this one occupied?" He asked, putting his hand on the machine next to the periwinkle-eyed boy. "I wanna play." The pale boy looked up at him.

"No, it's free." He smiled. Luke's heart skipped a beat at the sight. "C-cool." He stuttered awkwardly.

Luke couldn't help but glance at the boy while playing the game. He looked so cute. "Are you alright?" The pale boy asked, not even looking away from the screen. The golden-eyed boy was slightly startled at this. "Yeah I'm fine!" Luke exclaimed.

The purple-haired boy giggled. "Alright then."

-
Ten minutes later

"Damn." Luke muttered, losing for the 7th time. The other boy laughed. "Good game, eh?" He asked, holding out his hand. Luke blushed at him, chuckling nervously and shaking his hand. "So uhm, what's your name?" The ginger-haired boy asked him. The boy smiled. "Oh, it's-"

"ZANDER!" A teal-haired girl exclaimed, running up to the purple-haired boy. He sighed. "Hailey, stop running up to me like that." Zander sighed. "Anyway, mom wants us back, it's getting dark." Hailey was indeed correct. Luke glanced out the window to see a beautiful dark-blue sky glancing back at him.

"Oh," Zander sighed, sounding quite disappointed, "well, I'll see you soon hopefully." He reassuringly smiled at the golden-eyed boy before waving and leaving with the grey-eyed girl. Luke frowned, sadness glistening in his golden eyes.

"One day, hopefully."

681 words!