Chapter 10

Warning: Vomit, anxiety/panic attack, drinking as a coping mechanism

It was the last night of the US leg of the tour and Jack was ready to put his plan into motion. The song was written and ready to go and after much persuasion, Patrick had grudgingly agreed to sing it for him.

They were having a last-minute, early morning, practise session to go over everything before that evening's show.

"This line doesn't make sense." Patrick frowned as he looked over the scribbled notes. "Yes, it does," Jack argued, only a little overprotective of his lyrical début. He'd worked damn hard to get this right. "On its own sure, but in the context of the rest of the verse, no."

Jack huffed as Patrick picked up the pencil and started writing. "Why don't you try something like this?" He handed the sheet back for Jack to read. Grudgingly he had to admit it was a lot better.

"Okay fine. Anything else you wanna change while you're at it?" Despite the irritated tone Patrick smiled, he'd known Jack long enough to know that was his way of asking for help.

They ran through the song a few times, tweaking things as they went until they were both happy with it.

"If this doesn't work then I don't know what will. I'd even get into bed with you over this." Jack couldn't help but laugh as he shook his head.
"I'm supposed to be convincing him I'm serious about him not trying to get him into bed." Patrick just grinned.
"Is there really a difference with you?" Jack really wished he could find a way to argue with that.

"This is different." He eventually went with, unable to think of anything else to say. "I can see that."

"One more run through before I go?"

Jack had a busy day ahead of him, he was going to be showing Alex around New York but he had an appointment to make before they met up.

Despite Jack's lack of action on the feeling proving front, Alex had decided he was once again happy enough for them to hang out as friends. Their regular coffee mornings had resumed, and Jack had made sure to show Alex as much of each place they stopped at as he could.

Jack had had a lot of fun, even if it wasn't quite what he was hoping for.

He'd come to terms with the fact he had feelings for Alex, and as much as he wasn't about to scream it from the rooftops, he was okay with it. He was now very much looking to progress things and explore the whole relationship thing a little further.

"Yeah, okay. Are you sure you wanna do this tonight?" Jack nodded eagerly. "Definitely. It's taken long enough; besides we can always play it off as like a final night celebration type thing if people ask questions." Patrick nodded along with a smile. "Alright. I'll make sure I run over it throughout the day so it's good enough."

                                    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・───