Chapter 28

Jack pulled away from Alex's swollen dried lips with a gasp. The pair were breathless as Jack ran his dry tongue over his chapped lips in an attempt to get some form of moisture flowing as he collapsed back next to Alex on the bed, thoroughly exhausted.

It was now January third and near enough since the evening of December thirtieth Jack and Alex had passed all their free time in bed, screwing, and kissing and generally getting to know each other very intimately. With the exception of New Year's Eve where they had spent the night at the party in Brendon's hotel room, socialising with the others and watching the fireworks at midnight. Of course, they had shared a midnight kiss which Pete had been pretty pissed off about, but Jack couldn't care less.

Toulouse was a pretty place, but it lacked the tourist attractions the rest of the cities they'd spent time in so far had and it was a lot smaller too. Jack was pretty sure they'd explored everything the first afternoon when they'd rolled into town.

"I guess... you weren't... kidding... about the stamina... huh." Jack gave a breathy laugh as Alex panted beside him. "You've been keeping up pretty well." He laughed, pushing his hair from his sweat-slicked face.

"I'm gonna sleep for a week." Alex laughed as he snuggled into Jack's side. Jack hummed. "I dunno... that's a long time, I've been getting rather used to all this." Alex snorted softly, eyes closing.
"Alright, a couple of days then." Jack grinned as he leaned down, pressing a kiss to Alex's cheek. "Alright. I'll give you that one."

                                  ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・───

Jack was startled awake by his phone ringing. Alex let out an irritated groan from beside him as he buried his face into Jack's neck. "Hello?" Jack yawned, he sounded pretty wrecked even to his own ears. "Get your ass down to the lobby now!" It was Pete and he sounded beyond pissed. Not that that was exactly uncommon these days. "Taylor can handle an interview on her own. She's a big girl." Jack muttered. It wasn't like she was speaking to him anyway.

"We have a plane to catch you, moron!" Oh shit. We're flying today.
"Right yeah, of course." He was about to put the phone down when Pete kept talking. "Oh, and Jack. If I find Alex is with you, I will not be impressed." Jack rolled his eyes.
"Right, because I live my life with the sole desire of impressing you, Pete. I'm a grown man, you can't control every aspect of my life." With that Jack hung up, annoyance radiating off him.

"What did he want?" Alex muttered, breath grazing the skin of Jack's neck. "Unfortunately, we've gotta go. Like now." Alex lifted his head, sending Jack a sleepy and confused look. "Where?" Jack smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "We have a plane to catch."

Alex's eyes widened in shock, and he let out a groan, flopping down on the bed. "I forgot about that." Jack chuckled but grudgingly sat up.
"So did I. We still need to pack and be in the lobby like twenty minutes ago." Alex sighed, pressing his palms into his eyes.
"So much for a shower and a relaxing evening."
"Sorry, love."

Jack jumped out of bed and started shoving their things into a duffle bag. He spun on his feet when he heard Alex take in a sharp breath and found him wincing as he got to his feet, one hand pressed to his lower back. "God damn you." Jack snorted, going back to speed packing.