Chapter 42

Jack was laid on the couch looking at equipment for the studio. He wasn't allowed to buy anything until they'd actually finished building and fully soundproofed it but that didn't mean he couldn't do his research.

He hummed along softly to the latest Panic! At The Disco single that was playing on the TV. Brendon really had outdone himself with this one.

"Please tell me you're booking flights." He glanced up as Alex walked in from the kitchen where he'd been making dinner. Jack gratefully accepted the bowl he offered. "Uh, no?"

Alex groaned, shaking his head. "Jack! The wedding is next week, and you need to get there at least a few days before so you can try on your best man suit. The tailor will need time to do alterations, you know." Jack sighed around his mouthful. "Alright, alright I'll do it after I've eaten."

Alex sent him an unimpressed look. "You've been saying that for the past three nights now." Jack placed a hand over his heart.
"You have my word. By the end of the night, flights will be booked."
"They better be. Don't make me withhold sex again, you know I'll do it." It was how he'd gotten Jack to help assemble half the furniture. "It definitely won't come to that." Jack was pretty sure Alex could get him to do anything with that threat alone.

"I like this one," Alex said, indicating towards the TV. Jack hummed in agreement. "Bren's certainly making a name for himself." Alex nodded.
"Do you miss it?" Jack thought for a moment, searching for the best way to word it.

"I miss making music." He said finally. "But I don't miss the toxicity of it all. The band wasn't in a healthy place, it was all about making money rather than music and, well, you know first-hand how bad things were with Taylor." Alex nodded slowly.

He reached across and squeezed Jack's thigh. "I'm sure you'll get back to it soon enough." Jack gave a shrug, smiling softly.
"I dunno, I'm enjoying the quiet life."

                                      ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・───

"Barakat!" Jack couldn't help but laugh as he was enveloped into a tight group hug as Brendon and Patrick bundled him the second, he stepped out of the arrivals gate. It had been way too long since he'd seen either of them.

He heard Alex and Elisa laughing together and pulled back with a grin. "You're looking good, man!" Brendon grinned.
"California suits you,"

Patrick smirked. "I'm not sure it's the state that suits him." He said, sending him a knowing look. Jack chuckled, shaking his head a little as he blushed. "Ahh, domestic bliss." Brendon grinned. "Never thought I'd see that look on you."
"Me either man."

"Come on you three. You can catch up in the car, we've got things to do." Elisa called. "Yes, we've got a busy day ahead of us." Patrick agreed, indicating for them to move.

Brendon made a sound like the crack of a whip and Jack couldn't stop laughing. Patrick gave a huff, shoving him lightly and shaking his head with a smile.