Chapter 40

Alex and Jack were lounging on the wicker couch on the decking of their luxury island villa. They'd been there almost a month now and had spent most of their time either on the strip of beach at the end of their little secluded paradise or laying together in the sun. They'd also had a lot of sex which had led to sunburn in some pretty interesting places.

The only times they'd seen any other people were on the few excursions they'd taken and on a day trip to one of the nearby islands. All in all, it had been pretty amazing. But it was still moments like this that were Jack's favourite.

"I don't ever wanna go home." Alex sighed with content making Jack chuckle. "Well, we've still got a month to go. I'm sure I'll have driven you crazy enough by then that you'll wanna go home just to get rid of me." Alex laughed, pulling him down into a lazy kiss. "Pretty sure it'll take more than that. You're not getting away that easily." Jack shook his head, fully aware he was both blushing and grinning like an idiot. He leant in reconnecting their lips instead of responding.

He slowly pulled Alex on top of him as they continued the embrace. "We're gonna have to leave soon if we wanna reach the ridge before sunset," Alex mumbled against his lips. Jack hummed in agreement but neither of them made an attempt to pull back.

Jack's hand slipped down the back of Alex's shorts, squeezing gently. His phone vibrated in his pocket causing Alex to release a small gasp at the sensation against his crotch. Jack couldn't help but chuckle.

He pulled back, removing the device from his pocket to see Patrick had posted a message in the seldom-used band group chat. Surprised, he opened the message to find a photo. Elisa wore a huge grin and had her left hand up as Patrick kissed her cheek. Upon closer inspection, Jack realised she was showing off a sparkly ring.

"What are you grinning at?" Jack turned the phone around to face him. "Patrick and Elisa got engaged." Alex let out a little squeal of excitement.
"Oh my god, that's wonderful! Send them my love." Jack chuckled as he typed his response.

Jack: Congrats man! So happy for you! Love J & A

Taylor left the chat

Jack rolled his eyes as the app informed him Brendon was typing. His initial response was nothing more than a single throwing up emoji.

Brendon: Jack you're so loved up and gross!

Brendon: Congrats though Trick

Jack chuckled softly and shook his head before locking the device.

"They're such a cute couple." Alex sighed as he relaxed back against Jack's chest, cuddling close. "They are." Jack agreed, wrapping his arms around him to hold him close.

"We really should get going." Jack mused, pressing a kiss to the top of Alex's head. He hummed in agreement, sitting up.