Chapter 14

"Why are we doing so many shows in Germany?"

They were sitting in the airport waiting for their flight and reading over the schedule for the European leg on the tour. It was going to be a tough slog, but they'd be spending Christmas in Paris and were due to have a week off in Lisbon before they flew to the UK, so it wasn't without perks.

Jack was inclined to agree with Brendon, six shows across four cities in one country seemed a little excessive. "Because Germany loves you guys. Every single one of those shows sold out within an hour." Pete said, not looking up from his emails. Jesus.

Despite the excitement, Jack was starting to get bored. Pete's obsession with making sure they were on time had meant they'd ended up at the airport three hours before their flight. They couldn't even check in yet, so they were all waiting around outside a little café, much to the dismay of the customers wanting to buy coffee.

The way he'd been shouting at them to hurry up and make sure they had everything because they wouldn't be seeing the bus again had made Jack panic, they'd be late. He was a little disappointed in himself for buying into Pete's madness. Still, it gave him some time to work a little more on his notebook.

"You know if you keep going at this rate that thing will be full before we even get to Europe." Jack glanced up to find Alex stood in front of him, coffee in hand. "That's the plan." Alex raised an eyebrow as Jack pushed the chair opposite him back so Alex could sit.

"I figured it was a journal or something. Writing down all the exciting things you've done this tour and how much you love me." Jack rolled his eyes despite how close the teasing comment was. "Contrary to popular belief, I'm not actually a teenage girl."

Alex chuckled, shaking his head a little. "Seriously though, what are you writing in there?"
"I already told you, you'll find out soon enough." Alex gave a little huff and took a sip of his coffee.

"You know that's only gonna keep you awake on the plane, right?" Alex shrugged. "I felt bad about us all sitting here taking up their seats and not buying anything. Besides it's only a two-hour flight, we'll be sitting in Newark for longer."

That caught Jack's attention. "What?" Alex laughed.
"Yeah, it's like a five-hour stopover." Jack groaned which only made Alex laugh more. "You really didn't know?"
"If I knew it was that long and complicated to fly to Oslo, I'd have insisted on a private jet in the pre-tour meeting." Alex just shook his head and smirked.

Eventually, they boarded their plane and got comfortable. Jack had made sure to bitch Pete out about the stopover and it turned out he wasn't the only one who hadn't been told about it. No one was very impressed.

He ended up finishing filling in his notebook during said stop over and still had almost two hours to kill. He wandered around the entire airport twice before dropping down into one of the shitty plastic chairs with a huff.

"Try and get some sleep," Patrick muttered through a yawn. Jack gave a heavy sigh. "Patrick, we've got a seven-hour flight ahead of us and when we get to Oslo it's gonna be like ten at night. If we sleep now, we'll be up all night when we get there and then we'll be exhausted come to the show." He just shrugged.
"So you don't jump around as much. It's like six am and you haven't slept in over twenty-four hours. A few hours won't kill you." He had a point.