Chapter 37

"That is one big statue." Jack mused as he stared up at the giant metal woman before him. She appeared to be made of metal pipes and was holding a large hoop. "Technically it's a sculpture." Jack rolled his eyes as Alex poorly hid his smirk. "Is there really a difference?" Jack huffed in mock offence. "Well, this is art. Statues usually commemorate something." Jack couldn't help but laugh.
"Alright, smarty pants."

Alex chuckled, pulling out his phone to check the time.

Since they were only in town for one day, they hadn't had much time to hang out. Alex had had to work for most of it, so they were trying to make the most of the time they did have. This was the most cultural thing Jack had managed to find that was close to the venue.

"We've got to go." He said with a pout.

Jack nodded, pulling his own phone from his pocket, and pulling up the front camera. "Quick photo before we go?" Alex rolled his eyes but smiled. "Really?" Jack nodded eagerly.
"Yes really. I want to be that cute tourist couple for five minutes."

Alex shook his head but continued to smile as he snuggled himself in close to Jacks side so he could take the photo. Once Jack was satisfied, he put his phone away, pecking Alex's cheek.

It had been incredibly nerve-wracking the first few times he'd done that but so far nothing had come of it. No lightning bolt striking him down, no angry horde of ex fans hurling abuse, no photo's surfacing online and being picked apart and judged. He was starting to wonder what it was the label were so damn worried about.

They reached the venue and Jack headed straight to the dressing room whilst Alex headed towards the stage to do the last-minute checks.

"Have fun?" Taylor asked as he passed her in the hallway.
"Yes, thanks." He furrowed his eyebrows, eyeing her suspiciously. She smirked at him, eyes alight with mirth. "Good. Enjoy it whilst it lasts."

Jack rolled his eyes. "I don't know what game you think you're playing but it's not going to work. Alex and I are stronger than your petty bullshit." She laughed, eyes still shining.
"Whatever you say, Jack."

With that she turned on her heels, heading towards her own dressing room without turning back. Jack stood staring after her, utterly baffled by the exchange. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

He shook his head, doing his best to put it out of his mind as he continued down the hall to the dressing room.

"Hey, Jack," Patrick called with a grin, waving him over. "I want your opinion on something." Jack raised an eyebrow and dropped down beside him on the couch. "What's up?" He asked, a little nervous. What could Patrick possibly want his opinion on?

"What do you think of this?" He offered him his phone and Jack frowned as he stared at the screen. He was surprised to find himself looking at a silver women's ring with a large-ish diamond sitting at the top centre of the band.

"It's a ring." He stated in confusion making Patrick roll his eyes.
"I know that. I was thinking about getting it as Elisa's engagement ring." He explained, radiating nerves and excitement.