Chapter 36

Warning: Homophobia/homophobic language

"And then he kissed me."

Jack was sitting up on the balcony on the phone to Josh. He had been sat on one of the flight cases at the side of the stage but had been forced to leave since apparently, he was just getting in the way. He was pretty sure Pete was just trying to keep him away from Alex so that things wouldn't get too intense too quickly.

"I'm really happy for you, mate! That's amazing news." Jack smiled dorkily as he swung his feet up against the railing. "Thanks! I'm still kinda struggling to believe it's real." Josh laughed.
"I guess it's bound to take a minute to sink in." He offered.

"I'm really glad you guys talked it out properly though. You did the smart thing." Jack hummed in agreement.
"I couldn't stop thinking about what you said." He admitted.

"See I am full of amazing advice." Jack snorted.
"Well, I dunno if I'd go that far." Josh scoffed.
"Alright then, how about next time you call me I don't pick up. Then we'll see how well you do without me." Jack couldn't help but laugh.

News of Jack and Alex's reunion spread like wildfire, everyone was telling Jack how happy they were for him. Well, everyone except Taylor who was once again in a vile mood, though that could very easily be unrelated. Jack couldn't tell anymore.

"Everything just feels right again, you know? It's like I was missing an arm or something." Josh hummed in agreement.
"That's love I guess." Jack smiled warmly.
"I guess."

He was sat up there for another hour before Alex finally had an hour off for lunch.

"So, what have you been up to since Pete forced you to leave?" Alex asked as they walked down a side street, looking for something to eat. "Not a lot." He said with a shrug. "Caught up with Josh, told him the good news." Alex hummed in response.

Jack glanced sideways at him, but he was looking straight ahead. "What's up?" He asked, confused.
"Nothing." Alex shrugged nonchalantly but Jack could tell it was a front. "Lex, talk to me." Alex just gave another shrug, still avoiding looking at him. "I don't know what you want me to say."

Jack frowned in confusion. It was obvious something was up with him even if he didn't want to admit it. "Alex, I know you well enough to know when something's wrong." Alex rolled his eyes and huffed.
"I'm fine." He insisted, voice tinged with irritation.

Jack's eyebrows furrowed as his frown deepened. What could Alex possibly have to be upset about? He ran the conversation over in his mind trying to figure out what could have upset him. Josh.

"You've got nothing to be jealous of." He stated, pulling Alex to a stop. He exhaled heavily and rolled his eyes. "I'm not jealous." He huffed, eyes guarded. "Concerned then." Alex pursed his lips and Jack knew he'd hit the nail on the head.

He gave a sigh, bringing their joined hands up and kissing Alex's knuckle. "My heart belongs to you." He mumbled, gently cupping Alex's cheek.