10

THE RED GOWN AND SECRETS

Kendall was 10 minutes late. Her aunt Margo and Cousin Jessie already went. She sped to the party.

Everyone was talking inside the building when the doors were pushed open. She walked in confidently. Everything felt like slow motion. Her stunning red gown flowing around her as she walked. Her heels added an extra two inches.

Normally the British girl was 5'5 but now she was 5'7. The dress showed off her long legs. The room smelled of frosting and many different clones or perfumes.

She stopped in front of Roman. He was standing next to Letha. Letha wore a gorgeous purple gown and Roman wore a nice black suit with a red tie. He tried to match with Kendall .

He knew her dress was red but had no clue what it looked like and now he does. To say the least he was starstruck. She looked stunning. It made him want to scoop her up and tell her he loves her.

That he would do anything for her. He wanted to be a couple with her but there was many things he couldn't tell her. Some things he wouldn't ever forgive himself for and he knew she wouldn't either.

He knew she was gonna put it together soon. Since he owned the town he was able to pull up her history. All her past therapy sessions, doctor appointments, dentist, credit card transactions, grades all of it.

She was an amazing student. Straight A's for the last 3 years and planning to go to Yale. Med school. He smiled and pulled her into a hug and she hugged back. He felt guilty, he had recently found out what he did.

He needed to get it off his chest and the only person he remotely trusted besides Kendall , Shelly and Letha was Peter. Only problem was that Peter was her best friend. He would probably tell her or make Roman tell her.

Roman couldn't lose her. Not after all the beauty and light she added to his life. He watched her for the rest of the party. Her smile and laugh, how happy she looked. He remembered how sad she looked. She looked miserable.

That night she was drunk she did way more than say her dark murder thoughts. She told him what it was like in mystic falls. Being an outsider, the judgmental eyes, being the villain to a story you didn't belong in.

He felt bad for her. She held so much pain behind her forest green eyes.He knew if she found out what he had done everything would go down hill.

No more dating. No Kendall . Shelly wouldn't ever speak to him again. Kendall would kill him. Peter would try and kill him as well. He watched as his mom walked her around the room.

He decided to cut in, he grabbed Kendall and pulled her out and into the hall. "Roman? Geez you didn't have to drag me" she said. He turned and gazed down at her "do you love me" he asked.

She looked shocked "s-sorry?" She asked. "Do.you.love.me" he said. "Ro-" he cut her off. "Damit Kendall Luna Hakan do you love me" he yelled. She flinched. "Roman what brought this on" she asked.

"I have somethings..... it will be shared in all due time but promise me you will keep in mind I can't control it" he said desperately. "Roman. I will care for you no matter what okay" she said.

He nodded and let her pull him into a hug. "Remember date night" she asked and he nodded. "See you tomorrow night at 7" he said. She smiled and walked away.