35

Chapter thirty five: You needed me pt1

Godfrey manor was dark. Gloomy and all around depressing. The twins stopped magic growing. They were now 8 the same age as Lelia. The kids felt the change in the home.

They didn't see their mother much anymore. When they did it was scary. She was sickly thin, deep dark bags under her dull blue eyes. Her hair still up in the same ponytail.

She was extremely pale. "Midas. Silas. Lelia. Wake up" their mother said. Silas jumped up at the sound of his mother's voice. [Portrayed by Jaden martell] He ran and wrapped his small arms around her waist and hurried his face in her stomach.

She hugged him back. Lelia and Midas joined the hug.[Portrayed by Louis partridge with blue eyes and Raffey Cassidy they are still 10 so imagine them just short with different eye colors]

"Get dressed." Athena said letting go of her children. They nodded and walked back to their rooms. Everyone was dressed in black. Roman was up and starting the car.

Athena was slipping on her heels. Midas and chatting with Silas and Lelia. Once they got to the funeral the kids were silent. The save Elena crew weren't invited due to the fact they failed to inform Athena her sister was dead.

She talked to Stefan who confessed Arianna had been dead for 2 years. "You guys go ahead I'll teleport home" Athena said staring at the freshly covered grave. "Okay. Come on kids" Roman said.

"We love you mum" Lelia gently squeezed her mother's hand. The twins gave her small hug before following their father. Once she was sure they were gone she broke down.

"Arianna you needed me. And I wasn't there" Athena sobbed falling to her knees. "You died and I wasn't there!" Athena said. She was so angry with herself. With Klaus and even a bit with Roman.

She could have protected them if he would have just let hemlock grove go. Peter was gone. Letha was gone. Shelly was gone. Roman had no one else besides Athena and the kids.

She knew she couldn't be mad at Roman. Because no matter what she loved him. He was her husband, father of her children, her first and only love.

"Harmony. My sweet baby sister... this is my fault. You died because of my father. Mine. Not because Stefan is an idiot" Athena said. regret burned inside her. "I want us to be together again. I can't die though, I must live for my children" Athena said.

"Don't dirty you're dress" a voice said. Athena turned her head to see a transparent version of Arianna. "Aria" Athena said. "Come on stand up." Arianna said. Athena stood up brushing the dirt off.

"You were always the non crier. It's weird seeing you cry" Arianna said. "How did it happen. I need to know" Arianna sighed at her sisters question. Wounds started becoming visible.

Deep purple bruises on her neck forms of hands. A large red stain in the middle of her Hoodie. Her face was discolored like he threw her in the River. Athena sobbed.

She could have protected her sister. Her tears burned her pale cheeks. Her magic made glass with unknown liquid on it. She smashed each one as the heat in her chest continued.

"This is for Arianna *Glass breaks* for Harmony *Glass breaks* for my mum *glass breaks* for my father *glass catches on fire*" her anger was visible. "Why can't everything just be perfect!" She growled.