07

We could only watch as our father hastily wrote together a letter, the contents within explaining that the dark mark upon his arm had begun to burn. I watched as he extended the white piece of paper to Archimedes, who took it from his outstretched hand with his beak. The slightest ruffle of his feathers was heard as he spread his wings, the white feathers littered with black spots as he took off.

I watched as he flew away, even after he'd become nothing more than a white fleck in the sky. The letter that he clutched in his beak heading towards the only wizard that my father had grown to trust, the only person that could help us now, "Do you think he'll help us?" I asked as I turned back to face the two blondes.

"I hope so." I watched as he turned his head towards where Archimedes had flown off to, "He's the only one who knows how to."

Scorpius made a humming sound of acknowledgement, all the while never looking away from our father who he continued to study, "Is it true then?" Scorpius asked our father.

Turning his head back towards us, he furrowed his eyebrows slightly in thought, "Which part?" He decided on asking, the multitude of questions from his response flooding my mind.

I leant forward in my seat, propping both my elbows up on the metal table, "The prophecy."

His grey eyes met my own as he sighed, rubbing his face in frustration as he replied, "If my mark burning wasn't proof enough then I'd say yes, the prophecy is very much real."

"How am I, Lysia's ying to her yang?" Scorpius asked in confusion.

"You're her light."

"My what?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"He's your light, the lightness that is only associated with goodness," He explained slowly, watching the both of us.

I watched as Scorpius ran his fingers through his hair, out of habit or discomfort, I didn't know, "And without me?" Scorpius questioned as he too leant forward and propped his elbows upon the table.

"There wouldn't be any good within her," He says, his grey eyes locked with my own.

I scoffed in mock amusement, grey eyes flashing with anger, "So, you're saying that there's not a trace of goodness within me without him?" I scoffed again as the sheer stupidity of what he'd just said sunk in, "This is ridiculous."

"I agree with Lysia. She's capable of being good on her own, without me having to be some kind of mediator," Scorpius states calmly, noting the anger in my gaze.

Our father arched an eyebrow doubtfully, looking from Scorpius and then back towards me, "Because you didn't just say that completely unaware of her anger," He stated pointedly.

Scorpius only shrugged his shoulders lazily, not caring that he'd noticed what he'd done, "One of us had to know her," He uttered coolly.

"Scorpius," I chided, shocked that he'd thrown that at our father.

I watched tensely as Scorpius and our father stared at each other, Scorpius appearing carefree as our father's grey eyes watched him with a clenched jaw, "I hope I'm not interrupting something," Came a voice from behind me.

Both the blondes' attention tore away from each other as they looked at the man that stood behind me, "You weren't," I said as I turned away from my brother and father.

His green eyes glancing from Scorpius to our father before resting upon me, the slight smile that he sent me filled with understanding, a smile that told me that he knew that he had interrupted something and for that, I smiled slightly in response, grateful for his interruption, "Your mark's burning?" He asked, turning to look back at our father.