27

The sky had begun to darken as I pulled the front door open. The hushed conversation between George, Scorpius, Mattheo and my father ceasing as I stepped inside. Archimedes's smooth beak tickling at my neck while he fiddled with the hem of my shirt. The bruises across my father's face had vanished, along with the split that had once sat upon his bottom lip as he stood from the grey couches of Mattheo's lounge room.

"We have to leave soon, Lysia, and as much as I hate the thought of leaving you here with him. It's the only way that you'll be safe." He threw a quick glance at the dark-haired boy before he turned back to face me.

"Where are you going to go? Lucius will come after you."

The slightest trace of panic crept its way into my veins at the mere thought of Lucius using them against me.

"He'll come after us regardless of where we hide. The Whomping Willow is where we're staying tonight but come first light tomorrow, we'll be moving." He replies, calmly.

I nod my head slowly, absorbing the information as Scorpius crosses the room. "Where will you go from the Whomping Willow?" I ask, glancing towards Scorpius as he comes to stand beside me-draping his arm across my shoulders lazily.

"He can't tell you that." Mattheo cuts in, dark eyes throwing a pointed look in my father's direction.

I arched an eyebrow questioningly, irked by the fact that he'd deprived me of this inkling of information. "Why not?"

A taunting smile crossed his face as he spoke, "Because he doesn't know where he'll be going. Only George knows the whereabouts of the place they'll be going to and even if he did know, he'd only be putting you in danger by telling you."

"He's right, Lysia." Scorpius utters from beside me, squeezing my shoulder lightly in hopes of easing the discomfort that had begun to creep in.

A sigh slipped past my lips as I rubbed a hand down my face. "I know. Please be safe." I say, pulling Scorpius into a hug.

His scent of parchment and mint engulfing my senses as he wrapped his arms around me, returning my embrace with his own. "Always," Scorpius responds softly, pulling away slightly so that he can see my face, "Use the damn owl to send me a letter if you need me and I'll get to you as fast as I can, okay?"

I nodded my head in response, chuckling as I caught the glare Scorpius sent to Archimedes-the white owl having taken an interest in his rings. "I will. I promise."

His grey eyes studied my face intently before he nodded his head, a soft smile playing at his lips as he let go of me and walked towards our father.

"We should get going." George states, rising from the grey couch.

I watched as my father's cool grey eyes slid towards Mattheo. "Take care of her," He commands, firmly.

Mattheo nodded his head once curtly, his eyes darkening as though the thought of someone hurting me in any way angered him. "I will."

"I mean it, if anything happens to her. I'll kill you myself." My father warns, holding Mattheo's dark stare.

"Draco." George chides softly, eyeing the two cautiously as though weighing up if he needed to intervene.

Begrudgingly, my father tore his eyes from Mattheo. Crossing the room in a few short strides before he pulled me into his arms-something that happened more times than I could count within the few short weeks that I'd been back from the Muggle world. He rested his chin atop of my head as he spoke in a soft whisper intended for my ears and my ears alone.

"Your mother would be proud, Lysia."

A soft smile crossed my face as he stepped back, George's brown eyes meeting my own as he spoke, "Take care, Elysian."