26

This chapter is dedicated to rowanmarie16 because I watched as your votes came tumbling in and I want to say thank you for them <3 Your support means the world to me, truly.
--

"But Draco, don't you see? The Malfoy name could be restored if she becomes the greatest witch of all time. If she becomes the darkest witch of all time."

My father scoffed, eyeing the man in the doorway in disbelief. "After all these years, you still haven't changed one bit. What makes you think that I want that for her?"

"Our name would no longer be tarnished." Lucius says, pretending to not hear what my father said as he tried to sway my father to his side.

"The Malfoy name was tarnished long before she was born." Cool indifference plastered across his face as he looked at his father.

A soft tap against my hip drew my attention away from the two blondes that continued to talk. Mattheo's head turned slightly in my direction as he spoke in a low whisper. "Hide your wand."

"What?" I replied quietly, eyes darting to Lucius as he continued to try and sway his son into joining him.

"Hide your wand."

Keeping my eyes upon Lucius, I tucked my cypress wand into the waistband of my jeans, the wood cool against the warm flesh of my back. Mattheo hummed in satisfaction as he lightly ran his fingers across my back. Grazing the spot in which my wand was hidden beneath my black long-sleeved shirt. His hand rested lightly on my hip as Lucius's voice rose in anger, his cold grey eyes locking on my partially hidden form.

A cruel smile played on his lips as a group of death eaters entered the room. Wands trained in our direction as other's grabbed Scorpius, George and my father. Dragging them from the room as Lucius took a single step towards us, the greasy-haired man that had hit me appearing within the doorway moments later. A sickening smile etched across his face as he crossed the room and made to grab my arm. Mattheo tucking my body closer to his back in a way that blocked the dark-haired man from grabbing me.

His dark brown eyes glaring at the man that had tried to grab me. "Touch her and I'll kill you myself," Mattheo warned, his voice deathly calm.

Lucius chuckled coldly, head tilting to the side as he studied Mattheo carefully. His eyes lighting up with realisation as he strode closer. "Feeling protective, Riddle?"

Mattheo merely glared at him in response, tightening his hold around my waist as though he was afraid that the greasy-haired man would snatch me from his grasp. Lucius arched an eyebrow as his eyes caught the subtle movement of Mattheo's arm. His eyes holding my own entrapped as he took another step closer. A predatory look filled his eyes before he turned on his heel and walked out of the room. The dark-haired man watched the two of us, neither of which had dared to move until he gestured with his wand to follow Lucius.

I took a hesitant step towards the doorway. Mattheo's arm draped across my shoulders as we walked out the room and down the hallway that led to the flight of stairs. The portraits gazes following us as we began the descent down the stairs. The dark-haired man trailing along behind us-wand pointed at our backs as I turned my head subtly towards Mattheo.

"I can protect myself, you know." I uttered, firmly.

He made a low humming sound within the back of his throat as he glanced down at me, sable brown eyes looking into my own. "I know."

Our footsteps echoed in the silence of the manor as our shoes came into contact with the marble floors. The drawing-room was full of silent people who sat at the long, ornate table. The eyes of the death eaters following us as Mattheo led me towards the head of the table, Lucius's grey eyes burning into the side of my face as we drew nearer.