13

Never Let Me Go by Florence + The Machine, it'll give you the entire heartbreaking experience <3

!Trigger Warning!

*

The sound of hushed whispers filled the dank and dimly lit room that I awoke to, shuffling sounds of movement echoing off the cement walls as though someone was struggling in a person's grip. The cool metal chair that I was bound to seemingly very mundane for someone as sinister as Mattheo Riddle, a dark wizard who had many fearing him for his father alone. The coarse rope that had been wound around my wrists rubbed at my skin as I lifted my head, my gaze locking on my father who continued to pull against the two death eaters that held him.

"Lysia," Scorpius breathed out in relief, his grey eyes locked onto my own as two death eaters stood on either side of him, holding an arm each to keep him in place.

The shuffling sounds ceased the moment my name slipped past his lips, a sigh of relief passing through my father's lips as his eyes snapped to where I sat bound to the chair, "Right on time, love. I was worried that you weren't ever going to wake up for a minute there," A cool, dark voice drawled as he stepped into the light of the room.

His dark brown hair had the slightest of curls through it, those same dark brown eyes locked on me, "I pledge my loyalty to you and this," I pulled at the rope around my wrists for emphasis, "Is how you repay me?"

The black suit he wore creased as he rolled his shoulders, a mere flash of annoyance passing through his brown eyes as he stepped closer to where I sat, "I can't have you running from me before I've even had the chance to bind you to me."

"Bind yourself to me? I didn't agree to that," I stated, a smirk growing across his face as he stepped closer, his six-foot frame never seeming so intimidating until he stood towering over me.

I froze as he grabbed my chin lightly, lifting it to meet his dark eyes, "Oh but you did, the moment you took my offer was the moment you agreed to it," He stated in satisfaction.

"I told you not to, Lysia. It wasn't worth being bound to him," My father uttered from behind Mattheo, still being held in place by the two death eaters.

I watched as a taunting smile crossed Mattheo's face, turning his head to look at my father as he spoke, "Do try to sound pleased about this, won't you?"

My father only scoffed in disgust, "What am I supposed to be pleased about? That the son of the man that I hid her from for seventeen years now plans to bind himself to my daughter," He snapped angrily, glaring daggers into the darkest wizard of all times son.

My eyes widened in surprise at his bluntness, all fear that he ever felt for his father throw to the wind. His mind only focused on the sole fact that Lord Voldermort's son wanted to bind himself to me. The protective instincts that I'd seen in Scorpius revealing themselves in him tenfold, ten times as fierce as my brother's. For the love that a father had for his only daughter couldn't be beaten by that of my brother's, not when I was something he held so dearly to himself.

A love that couldn't be broken or purged.

I breathed in deeply, hoping to ebb the nerves that had begun to build, "How will it work?" I asked, those dark eyes turning away from my father as he turned back to face me.

He tilted his head slightly, his dark brown eyes studying my face for a moment before he spoke, "It's just a simple spell," He replied matter-of-factly.

I arched an eyebrow doubtfully, a spell as intricate as to bind two people together couldn't be simple nor could it be anything but dark magic. I continued to search his face for anything that would confirm my suspicions. Mattheo's hand remained holding my chin between his fingers as he too watched me coolly. His fingers held my chin in place until Scorpius made a sound of disgust from the back of his throat.