19

Mattheo's words still rang throughout my mind hours later, the crashing of the waves against the cliff face filling the silence of the lounge room that I sat in. Two light grey couches occupied the room, one of which I sat on with my feet tucked beneath my thighs, and the other sat between the two floor to ceiling windows. The moderately sized windows gracing the room with natural lighting if it could creep past the thick grey clouds within the sky.

Two lights hung from the ceiling above the wooden, circular table-a matching smaller table tucked into the corner beside the two grey couches. The wall across from me was nothing but pure, grey bricks. Nothing like the lighter hue of grey that coated the other two walls, and mounted upon the brick wall was an obsidian black, seventy inch, flatscreen TV. I wasn't surprised in the slightest when Mattheo had briefly given me a tour of the house, the luxury that the house oozed fitting the dark-haired man perfectly.

He'd disappeared shortly after into the study he'd shown me, the wooden door closing behind him with a soft snitching noise that had echoed faintly down the hallway. The house had been smaller than I'd expected from someone like him, a simple three by one house that could almost be mistaken for a home. One of the rooms had become the study and the other had been turned into a small library of sorts, the biggest room being Mattheo's. The ensuite that connected to Mattheo's room was the only bathroom of the house.

The kitchen, though small, appeared larger than it was. The open plan layout to the kitchen swept into the lounge room gradually, the dining area consisting of the kitchen island with three black ornate stools tucked beneath the benchtop. A silver fridge sitting tucked into the corner, a dishwasher tucked beneath the marble countertop beside it, the dishwasher mere metres away from the metallic sink.

I threw a fleeting glance towards the kitchen as I stood from the couch, walking down the silent hallway until I reached Mattheo's room. The purple, beaded bag discarded on the small table beside the window. The room was empty as I crossed it and stuck my hand into the bag, pulling out a pair of denim jeans, a grey cotton t-shirt and a fresh pair of undergarments. My grey eyes darted around the room as I pulled the drawstrings of the bag closed before I went into the bathroom, the purple bag left sitting upon the table as I closed the door to the bathroom and locked it.

***

My dark brown hair was still dripping as I opened the door to the bathroom and came face to face with Mattheo; who sat at the foot of the bed unbuttoning the white dress shirt he wore. His brown eyes locking with my own eyes, all the while his hands never faltering in their ministrations.

"What's the matter, love? See something you like?" Mattheo states teasingly.

"You wish, Riddle," I say, keeping my eyes locked on his own instead of the hard, toned planes of his abs that peeked out from his dress shirt.

I watched as he stood from the bed, the white dress shirt completely unbuttoned as it revealed the entirety of his remarkably toned stomach and as he drew closer, I found myself unable to meet his eyes for longer than a few moments. The smirk on his face only grew as he came to a stop directly in front of me.

"Look at me," He commanded firmly, a new edge to his voice-one that screamed dominance.

Reluctantly, I lifted my gaze from his feet and met his cool brown stare, "Satisfied?" I quip, raising a lone brown eyebrow as an attempt to mask my sudden nervousness.

"Extremely." Mattheo tilted his head to the side slightly as he observed my every move, "Do I make you nervous?" He questioned as he inched closer to me.

I took a single step back, the movement not going unnoticed by Mattheo's eyes as I answered him, "No."

An almost feline look spread across his face as he took another step towards me, the open bathroom door only mere metres away from my back as I took another step back in hopes of creating some space between the two of us. I held his stare as he took another step closer, this time I didn't dare to take another one back, even as my heart began to race and that damned attraction towards him crept in.

An attraction that I swiftly shoved to the back of my mind.

"Are you sure?" Mattheo asks, taking another step forward until he towered over me.

"Positive."

Mattheo made a humming sound from the back of his throat as he took yet another step closer, leaning down until his mouth was beside my ear, "Your body language says otherwise."

I froze as he rose to his full height, a satisfied smile plastered across his face as he stepped around me, his arm brushing against my shoulder as he walked into the bathroom; stopping in the doorway as he looked back over his shoulder and winked at me. I rolled my eyes at his cockiness as I watched him pull the door closed behind him, silently cursing myself for giving him an inkling of satisfaction.

He could have this smidgen of satisfaction because it'd be his last. I wouldn't let my foolish heart control my actions nor the traitorous feeling that it tried to evoke. My mind was the only one I could trust but as the sound of water running filled the quiet room, flashes of him filled my mind. Of his fingers holding my chin, of his honeyed voice and the toned muscles of his arms and chest.

I shook my head in hopes of ridding my mind of those traitorous thoughts. I couldn't let myself feel for him. Hell, he'd killed me and tortured me with his own hands. I wouldn't let myself feel for him-couldn't. It'd cost me too much and I didn't want to think of what the price would be-what I'd lose if those traitorous feelings came into play or if I'd lose anything at all.

I couldn't fall for Mattheo Riddle.

Not now.

Not ever.

A/N: Just a small filler chapter, don't worry we're getting back into it in the next chapter :) Shout outs to mattheofrenchgirl, theycallme_mj and ShasmeenAziz and thank you so much for 1.58k reads, please don't forget to vote <3

*
Socials: @charlizekkelly