31

A frown marred my face as a soft ache spread through my forehead. The confusion that fluttered within my gut quickly pushed aside as I abruptly sat up in the bed-clutching the crisp white sheets to my chest as my eyes darted across the room. The now crumpled tulle dress left in a pile upon the floor, black lace panties discarded beside the toppled over nude heels as realisation sunk in. I mentally cursed myself as I got out of the bed, pulling the white sheet along behind me as I made my way to the bathroom.

The door to the bathroom closed behind me with a soft click. My back coming to rest upon the cool wood of the door as I leant against it. "I'm so dead if Scorpius ever finds out about this." I mutter beneath my breath, gaze snaring upon my reflection in the mirror.

The tanned skin of my collarbone, throat and jawline was littered with a colourful array of hickeys; hickeys that would require a fair amount of effort to cover. "Bloody hell." I whispered, my thunderous grey eyes locked on the reddish-purple bruises that spread across my skin as I brushed my fingertips across my throat.

I tore my gaze from my reflection as I looked around the modern bathroom, my observations halting as I took in the bathroom before me. The white, double basin sink with black faucets and taps suited the room perfectly but as my eyes landed upon a single pane of glass that separated the basin from the shower-confusion quickly replaced my curiosity. The shower, much like the faucets of the sink was black, but for whatever reason, the shower lacked a door-the single pane of glass intended to keep the water within the shower.

A design idea that I doubted completely.

I continued to judge the bathroom for several more moments before I discarded the white bedsheet and stepped into the shower. The warm water cascading down from the showerhead and down my back as I watched water droplets splash onto the light grey tiles. The faintest taste of sandalwood upon my tongue as my traitorous mind threw flashes of the previous night before my eyes.

Every touch, every word and every sensation thrown to the forefront of my mind.

"You're so bloody sexy when you say my name like that." Rang throughout my mind. Flashes of his ring-clad hands digging into the soft flesh of my hips filling my mind as I stood beneath the falling water.

My mind conjuring up the flawless memory of Mattheo dropping his head into the crook of my neck as he released a low 'fuck' beneath his breath. Moments later another seamless flash of his fingertips pressing into the sides of my neck filled my mind. "Fuck, Lysia. Just like that." Echoed within my mind, the distant murmur breaking me out of my thoughts.

Hastily, I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my body. My sights set on my reflection in the mirror as I levelled a glare at my reflection. "Nothing happened, Elysian. No matter how many times you put those memories back into my head, I will push them to the back of my mind. Because it didn't happen."

I stared at myself in the mirror for several more seconds as though I was waiting for my reflection to argue with me. As though I was waiting for it to remind me that I had slept with Mattheo and that nothing I said to my reflection would change that. I knew it wouldn't and yet, I still foolishly decided to pretend as if it had never happened because if I pretended like it never happened. Then I wouldn't be the one hurt when he beat me to the punchline.

The foolishness of the entire situation was that my heart genuinely wanted Mattheo. It even went as far as to ache whenever I reminded myself that I couldn't have him. It wouldn't be sensible to love Mattheo Riddle nor would it be sane too.

But, there was the problem.

For, I had fallen for the lion. I had fallen for the chaos, the turmoil, the pain and the adventure it had brought with it. I had fallen for the deception that was Mattheo Riddle. A man who fooled many by the mask he wore-much like the one he had worn last night. My eyes widened in realisation as my thoughts sunk into my mind, a hushed whisper eliciting from my lips as I voiced those thoughts aloud.