33

!Trigger Warning!

"It's a lust potion."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I looked up at him. "What's the potion do exactly?" I ask, glancing towards the greasy-haired man that stood across from us-that same sickening smile plastered across his face as he watched the two of us talk.

"It's the twin potion to Amortentia. Where Amortentia creates false love and feelings for someone, with the added effect that the potion smells unique to each person. Pohuda only intensifies the attraction that is already there. It even tastes different for each person and creates a strong desire to whoever the person is attracted to." Mattheo explains, cursing beneath his breath as he spun around and punched the nearest tree.

I stared at him in mild shock as he made to punch the tree again, my hand capturing his wrist centimetres away from the coarse bark of the tree. Mattheo's gaze darting down to my own as his eyes searched my face for any traces of anger. "Why aren't you angry? He practically drugged us, Lysia!" Mattheo exclaims, gesturing to the greasy-haired man as he clenched his fists in fury.

"I never said I wasn't angry." I paused as I threw a deathly glare in the direction of the death eater that stood leaning against the tree with a self-satisfied smile across his face. "I just know how to pick and choose which battles are worth fighting."

"And, I don't?" Mattheo questions, arching a single dark eyebrow as he peered down at me.

I opened my mouth to respond when a blinding flash of red light slammed into the same tree that Mattheo had punched. The force of the spell slamming against the trunk throwing the both of us into the foliage of the forest floor-the large tree splitting straight up the trunk before it began to fall to the forest floor with a loud crack. My palms dug into the forest floor as I hastily pushed myself up from the floor. Tree branches snapped as the large tree fell in the direction that both myself and Mattheo had been thrown. Mattheo's hand capturing my own as we scrambled out the way of the falling tree; neither of us wanting to be crushed beneath the tree.

"Times up Elysian. Your grandfather is expecting you, and he gave me very specific instructions to bring you back by whatever means necessary." The greasy-haired man leered as he began walking in our direction.

Mattheo's head slowly turned to face the death eater, revulsion intermingling with anger. "Run, Elysian, and don't look back."

"I'm-"

"I'll be right behind you but you need to run." Mattheo assures, his gaze never leaving that of the death eater that continued to stride closer.

I sucked in a sharp breath of air as I took a single step back, weighing up my options for several seconds before quickly deciding that Mattheo's option would have to do. I turned on the heel of my foot and took off running in the opposite direction. The light from the full moon illuminating my path as I jumped over tree roots and dodged low hanging tree branches. The loud cracking of spells filling the otherwise silent night as I ran through the forest. Sticks and leaves crunching beneath my feet as I pushed through a thick shrub of bushes and into a small clearing. A large oak tree sat within the middle of the clearing, bushes covering the small hole in the base of the tree as I crept closer. My pulse racing as I pushed through the bushes covering the hollow within the tree, the gap of the tree large enough for me to hide in as footfalls flitted to my ears.

I lifted my hand to my mouth, muffling the sound of my breathing as my heartbeat filled my ears. The thumping sound of my heart racing growing louder as the dark-eyed death eater stepped into the clearing. Throwing a brief look of distaste in the direction of the bushes that he'd just pushed through before his dark eyes scanned across the clearing that I'd foolishly hidden in. I cursed internally at my stupidity as I watched him begin walking around the small clearing, his boot-clad feet crushing the leaves beneath his feet with a crisp snap as he walked behind the large tree that I sat crouched within. I breathed in a shuddered breath of air as my wide eyes darted across the empty clearing. The greasy-haired man's footsteps ceasing to make a sound completely as my heart pounded in my chest.