37

!Trigger Warning!

Trees passed by me in an adrenaline-filled haze as my heart raced within my chest. Beating frantically as I ran through the forest; leaves crunching beneath my feet as I ran. The haughty cries from owls filling the night air and intermingling with the pounding in my chest as I continued to run through the darkened forest. My hand clutched to my side as warm, crimson blood oozed from my abdomen. Terror gripped me as the cool night air caressed my skin. The feeling, so all-consuming that it was hard to focus on anything else but the terror that latched onto me; the moonlight guiding me as I threw terrified glances over my shoulder.

"Stupefy."

My legs ceased to carry me as the stunning spell hit me in the middle of my back, my body crumpling to the forest floor with a solid thud. Dread filled my veins as footsteps drew closer to my defenceless body. The greasy-haired death eater that had been chasing me peered down at me.

His nose was crooked and bleeding, and yet, it didn't deter him from rolling me onto my back and pinning my hands above my head. Small twigs and leaves pressed into the flesh of my arms, my wide eyes locked on the dagger-like knife that he held within his free hand; dark brown eyes taking in the gashes across my side with satisfaction.

A whimper tore from my throat as I fought to free myself from the vice-like hold he had upon my wrists, legs flailing beneath him as I tore my eyes away from the silver dagger. "Please. I didn't do anything to you." I pleaded, squirming in his hold as his head tilted to the side. "Let me go."

Blood ran down my side as the gashes across my abdomen continued to bleed-my blood staining the browning leaves beneath me red. "And why would I do that? You've caused more trouble than you're worth." Malcolm snapped, coldly.

Fear engulfed me as he brought the dagger closer to my skin. The silver blade glinting in the moonlight as he tauntingly dragged the blade across my skin-never once allowing it to draw blood. A sickening smile spread across his face as he keenly noted the sudden flare of fear that shot through me.

"It seems you mean more to him than you'd think." He uttered, pressing the knife into my side so that it nicked the flesh of my abdomen.

A tutting sound drifted to my ears as the greasy-haired man turned to peer over his shoulder. My eyes locking upon a tall, dark-haired man who wore an immaculate black suit. His impossibly dark brown eyes captured my own, pale coloured wand held to my brother's throat. His ivory skin contrasted with the black suit in a way that sent a shiver down my spine; danger in the form of a man. Scorpius's silvery-grey eyes locked on my own as I fought against the death eaters grasp, small twigs dug into the flesh of my skin as Scorpius shook his head-warning me to cease my incessant squirming.

The dark-haired man threw a disinterested glance towards Scorpius before he turned back to face me, ensnaring me within his eyes as he spoke. "Avada Kedavra."

A blinding flash of emerald-green light filled the forest as the killing curse struck Scorpius. A harrowing scream tore from my throat as I thrashed against the death eaters grasp-fighting to get to Scorpius as he fell to the floor. A pained sob shuddered from my throat as his unblinking eyes stared at me from across the clearing. My eyes refusing to move from my brother's body as the dark-haired man stepped over the fallen platinum blonde. Walking towards where I laid pinned beneath the greasy-haired death eater in a few short strides; those dark brown eyes peering down at me emotionlessly.

"I'll see you soon, Elysian." He said, nodding his head curtly towards the death eater as a silent command.

***