❀ | 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Test of my patience
There's things that we'll never know
You sunshine, you temptress

The sound of my boots slapping against the concrete pavement was practically the only thing I could hear

The sound of my boots slapping against the concrete pavement was practically the only thing I could hear. My steps were slow and cautious without my trusty broom handle. To my poor twisted ankle, I'm surprised it hasn't snapped by now. On another topic, Madeleine lives in such a quiet neighborhood, it feels like I'm a devil walking through a church. All the doors were shut, all the lawns were neatly trimmed with flowers sitting organized in the greens.

There weren't any loud, obnoxious teenagers screaming at their parents or playing rap music, no neighbors fighting or spying, no old man with his television too loud.

Something out of a movie.

My eyes squinted at the sun. Everything was brighter, tingling my eyes. The sun burnt through layers of clothes, sweat forming over my skin. Madeleine threw an oversized hoodie to wash. It was at the top of the basket so I happily wore it for my little errand. It's a perfect fit.

Had to admit, I was nervous to walk out of her apartment. There's no way he would find me here though, thank God. Bet all my apartments across the city were completely trashed.

I hope Li is okay.

There was one imperfection in this neighborhood. That was the unruly bush between two houses.

But, those bushes came in very handy for me last night. The pit in my stomach stirred at the thought that the briefcase was gone. Oh, my phone. Is it bad that I cared for my Samsung phone more than the money? Had it for a couple of years, loved the thing because it wasn't trackable. I hate technology, my partner was the one who dealt with all that shit.

Liam James Payne, or as he prefers James, and as I nicknamed Jay has been my partner for almost all of my life. A best friend, a brother, a work partner, a saviour, a therapist- the list goes on, really. Besides being the only person I could truly trust, he's been helping me out with a lot.

So, I rather stay with a neat android phone that I took six months learning about than the pear phones everyone's into. Wait, that's Victorious, silly me. I mean iPhones. Samsung phones are more difficult to trace anyway.

My head turns to look over my shoulder, making sure no one was around to see me. Realizing the coast was clear and I walked into the tall bushes, pushing them apart to where I had thrown my prized possessions. Relief surges my body, I chuckled and happily grabbed the suitcase that was oddly sticking out from all the different shades of green leaves. From away, one wouldn't notice that there was a briefcase sitting in the bush with two million dollars inside.

That was just payment from a job.

Yeah, the same job that backfired and bit me in the ass.