❀ | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

I look around as my heart is collapsing
'Cause you're the only one I need
To put a little love on me

While the rest of the house was probably enjoying their slumber, I kept tossing and turning for hours, tangling my body in the blankets

While the rest of the house was probably enjoying their slumber, I kept tossing and turning for hours, tangling my body in the blankets. My thoughts refused to slow down, hitting me with new ones after another floats away. For the sixth time, I opened my eyes with an annoyed groan and grabbed my phone to see the time. It was two AM, it felt like much longer had past so when did time decide to slow down?

Refusing to do this for another hour, I pushed the blanket off my body and slung my foot off the edge of the bed and then stood up. The cabin was scarily quiet as I walked out of the hallway and across the living room area where the curtains blocked out the outside world.

Since I couldn't see outside the window, I curiously pushed the curtain and pushed it aside to reveal the glass windows and a glass door that leads to a small deck at the side of the house. Clearly, there wasn't any purpose for it because there wasn't any chairs or even plants occupying the space.

I just wanted some fresh air.

Not caring if I was allowed to or not, I unlocked the door and walked through, leaving the warmth behind. I sat down on the edge of the deck, my feet resting on the steps and I already felt cold. My body called for warmth yet I remained sitting on the edge, too captive by the fresh air. Darkness hugs the sky, stars like shining dust scattered across, leaves hanging from dark tree branches rustles as the cold wind whistles.

For the past three years I've been wrapped in everything city, never having the time to step away and remind myself of what it felt like to be in nature. Harry gave me that opportunity right now and I couldn't help but feel thankful. This was relieving, refreshing, a whole other side of the world than I was used to.

Glitches. My senses stood tall at the sound of footsteps moving around inside. Who could it be? I stayed still, waiting for them to stop but they only got closer, louder and clearer with every second gone. "Madeleine." I wasn't surprised at all. That voice was the only voice that could make my skin tingle with just the sound of my name coming from his lips.

I don't react, instead I just pulled my thighs closer to my chest when another wave of the shivering wind howled past us. "I thought you'd run off," he reveals and I listen to his footsteps as walks further out on the deck. My eyes remained on the dark forest and I realize that maybe I should've left.

However, that moment we shared in the bedroom yesterday has me hooked. Maxon wasn't the only reason. I don't want to leave Harry yet. "What are you doing all alone?" He questions after I didn't respond. "I'm thinking," I simply answered and he's quick to ask," about?"

"Everything. You, my brother, my life," I say. For the first time, my thoughts were clear and I knew what I wanted. I wanted Harry and Maxon in my life, even Zayn and I didn't mind staying here if it meant having them. "What's there to wonder about me?" Harry asks and I rolled my eyes at that stupid question.