❀ | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Every tear, every fear
Gone with the thought of you
Changing what I thought I knew
I'll be yours for a thousand lives (Yeah)

Every tear, every fearGone with the thought of youChanging what I thought I knewI'll be yours for a thousand lives (Yeah)

A FEW HOURS AGO

You know, I shouldn't have been surprised when things didn't go according to the plan but I still was.

"Mr Styles, they're taking another route to the warehouse," one of Draven's men told me through the phone. "What?" My teeth gritted, fingers tightening around the phone. "I-I'm sorry. Give us permission to send in the circle when they arrive?" He blurts out, I could feel the fear oozing off him through the phone.

"Get us to that warehouse. Now," I ordered and was pleased that I could already hear the vehicle approaching us from a distance. I hung up the phone, wanting to throw it as far as I could but instead, I shoved it back into my pocket. "They're taking another route," I tell Maxon, watching as the emotion twists on his face to mirror mine.

"I can't believe this, for fuck's sake!" Maxon kicks the dirt on the ground, clenching his hands so tightly that his knuckles were turning white and his fingernails were probably digging into his skin. We watched as the black pickup truck sped down the vacant road, getting closer to us.

Within seconds, it's in front of us and the tinted window is descending so we could see the driver. Draven sits with his hands on the steering wheel, eyebrows furrowed above his brown eyes, lips in a thin line, jaw tight and fingers impatiently drumming the wheel.

"Get in," Draven commands and I opened the door, getting into the vehicle with no time to be surprised. I didn't know he was physically going to be here to help us with this but I can't say I am mad about it. Maxon follows and he barely shuts the door properly before Draven is driving off, racing down the road to get to the warehouse.

"How the fuck did this happen?" Maxon leans over so he could stare at Draven. "The road has been closed off for ten years so in recent maps it doesn't show up. It's fine though, we just might have to get Liam from inside the warehouse instead," Draven answers. "Fuck's sake," I muttered, running my fingers through my hair while wondering why this damn road is so long.

Thankfully, Draven speeds and the warehouse comes into view and within seconds he's stopped the car in the yard around the building. A bad feeling twists inside me when I see the massive door was already dragged open but I pushed it to the side, focusing on my priority- Liam.

We don't bother shutting the doors or locking the vehicle, we rushed to the door, unknown of anything that was inside those four walls. However, what was inside to welcome us in had the three of us thrown off guard.

"Holy shit..." Maxon mutters, staring at the dozens of men in full black suits and black masks covering their faces that were laying on the ground. All of them were unconscious, their weapons abandoned beside them, under them or on top of them. The only movement was the rise and fall of their chests.