❀ | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

We're walking on wire
But nothing feels higher
When I see that look in your eyes

We're walking on wireBut nothing feels higherWhen I see that look in your eyes

I'm not stupid.

Roosten Sachem got us into this mess in the first place and even though no matter how convincing the bastard is, I wasn't going to allow him to drag us into another one. Yeah, see? I'm smart.

The first thing I did after confirming that Maxon and I were going to Arena Gardens, I called Draven Khan. You know those situations where you have to work with people you don't want to because they can actually help make the outcome somewhat better? Yeah. Hopefully doing that doesn't make me stupid...

Guess we'll find out right?

I'd wondered if I should ask Draven about Liam's father seeing that he knows everything about us. However, I realised it would be better to ask Liam himself when he's back with us. Surprisingly, Draven was actually easily persuaded to help get Liam back and it worked out because he had his little army men everywhere.

He even got his people to do GPS searches on the warehouse and Liam's phone. It was difficult to track Liam's phone though because he's a fucking hacker. No way his location was going to be easy to get but they still tried. We came up with a plan that Maxon and I would stop the transport vehicle before it ever reaches the warehouse and unknown to them, Draven has people blocking the road and surrounding the vehicle in the bushes so they can't escape.

Only problem is things actually going according to plan.

We leave soon and Maxon pushed me out of his room to go freshen up and get some energy into my body seeing as neither of us got a wink of sleep. I walked into the room and my eyes found her immediately. My sunshine asleep on the bed, holding a pillow to her chest, eyebrows slightly furrowed and lips in a small pout as she sleeps.

It takes my breath away, the sight of her. Every time I think about touching her I'm afraid that she'd disappear under my touch because I still haven't comprehended how she's real. Watching her, I feel even more guilty than before for the way I left things.

A sigh leaves my lips and I continued walking to my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I haven't gotten any sleep in nearly twenty four hours but oddly, it gives me more energy. I finished and dried my hands and face with a towel before walking back to Madeleine's room, ready to wake her up.

When I saw her though, the pillow she was hugging was pushed to her side and her fingers were gripping the sheets. Madeleine tosses on the bed, pushing the blanket away from her. I studied her more, noticing her chest rising and falling faster than it should be. Even through all of this, her face told me she was fast asleep. My alarms kicked in and I bolted closer to her, worried that it might be a nightmare.

Just as I was about to gently shake her shoulders to wake her up, a soft moan falls from her parted lips. "Harry," she whimpers in her sleep, tightening her hold on the blanket and her legs push the blanket off her thigh. My lips parted, surprised, the front of her underwear had a wet spot.