Final Author's Note

I wrote a book.

Four simple words do no justice to the meaning it holds.

Between fifty chapters and an epilogue contains one of my favourite love stories ever and I still can't believe it was completely crafted and written by me.

What a crazy journey this was, huh? After rewriting so many chapters, completely changing the storyline dozens of times and editing every chapter however much it took to be satisfied (I never truly was), here we are.

A place I never thought I'd ever be at.

How can something be finished by also is so alive at the same time? It's hard to come to the terms that this book is finished because yes, the beginning, end and everything in between is written and completed but Harry and Madeleine feel the most alive to me than they have ever been.

To those that were always kind to me, please know that Ethereal wouldn't have been possible without you. I've had the greatest supporters and friends, people that I considered my family in my corner.

Thank you to tbslchey and LayersOfPlanes for helping me stand again when writing Ethereal seemed like the most impossible thing ever and for being shoulders to lean on. Grewupatmidnight, Big_Bad_Desert_Wolf, oliviarose17black, imaslutforharrybro1, and
Parvati097  you've been my constant motivation and Ethereal wouldn't have happened without you guys.

No amount of words could ever be typed to explain how much I adore you and appreciate you for being incredible towards me. You're my constant stars.

Saying 'thank you' wouldn't suffice how eternally grateful I am of you for reading this love story. Even if you're a random reader passing by and you'll forget the book within a couple of days, words aren't enough. I appreciate every single one of you and I hope so much that you didn't regret reading Ethereal.

The love you guys showered me with is a feeling that I'll never ever forget.

I created characters who were my safe escape whenever our world got too intense and I needed to slip into another. People who helped me learn more about love, living and healing. Someone that holds so much of me and I'm beyond relieved I got to shatter my bottle and express my experience through him. These versions of people I've created, this book, lives with me forever.

Here are some small little facts:

1. When I chose the name Madeleine, I told myself I wanted a simple name with a complicated spelling.

2. I decided to use the name Sunshine after analyzing Golden by this new singer (I don't think you guys know him) Harry Styles. Was I actually going to have them call each other Golden? Yes, yes I was. (Don't ask lol. I'm happy that I changed my mind.)

3. The show 'Good Girls' planted the first idea I ever had of this story. I was pushed down a rabbit hole from there.

4. Ethereal was initially supposed to have 22 chapters to match with the 22 songs Harry has of right now. It was supposed to end when Harry gets taken from Madeleine's apartment. However, I fell in love with my characters and needed them to have a happy ending. You're welcome.

5. Harry's little Victorious obsession was inspired by a dream I had of Harry singing the theme song during Live on Tour.

Thank you to everyone who has made me feel comfortable and loved enough to share this story. For everyone who has always been wanting to do something and they've been contemplating it, this is your sign to say fuck it and do it! I believe in you through everything.

Being a reader myself, I know that after finishing a book, you're looking for another one to jump into. Writers, use here to comment your lovely stories for a reader to find →

Wishing you all the love in the world and even more,
Soriyaah.