❀ | 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱

So stay 'til the morning, stay for a while
I just wanna lay here and fall into midnight
And fall right into you

So stay 'til the morning, stay for a whileI just wanna lay here and fall into midnightAnd fall right into you

Trigger warning: description of torture & Violence. Smoking.

I hear his footsteps faintly walking to my room, most of my concentration was on the textbooks and notebooks opened in front of me. My laptop at the side, words, and diagrams showed on the screen. "Madeleine," Harry calls, the sound of his voice interrupting my concentration. I look up at him, and the first thing my eyes landed on was my cross chain around his neck. Mentally, I smiled at the reminder of last night.

"Madeleine, you need to eat something. You've been drinking tea only for the past eight hours," Harry repeated for the third time from where he stood at the edge of my bed. "I will later, I'm almost done," I promised, wanting him to hush so I could just be done with studying for today.

"It's eleven in the night, Sunshine. Think you've done enough today and honestly I'm jealous books have your attention and not me," Harry objected, I could hear that pout on his face without even looking at him. I bite my lip, trying to tame the grin threatening to form on my face, and attempted to return to studying.

"You know what, that's it," Harry huffed and stomps his way to me. I looked up at him, ready to question what he was doing when he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Harry!" I squealed, feeling his hand wrapped around my legs to keep me there. I slapped his ass, taking the perfect opportunity.

Harry doesn't react, he just keeps walking. He gently placed me on a chair before I could get dizzy. "Stay put," Harry commanded and I obliged. In front of me was a plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

After we finished eating, Harry forced me to watch an episode of Victorious with him. Though I kept zoning out every time he'd laugh to remind myself how much I loved that sound. He holds our hands on his lap, mindlessly twisting his ring on my thumb finger.

Harry catches my eyes when I accidentally stared at him for too long. He smiles widely and presses his lips to my temple. "You know, it's only fair if you give me something of yours," he mentions, his eyes falling on the ring I wore. "What is it that you want, Harry Styles?"

"This," His other hand lifts to brush the cross pendant on the silver chain I wore around my neck. Instead of packing it away this morning, I decided to wear it again.

"It's yours."

Being part of Dez Styles' class, I absolutely loathed his last name. I hated it because it was tied to the teacher I hated the most. Now though, I fucking loved it because it was tied to Harry and sounded so much better with his name. Harry Styles, a beautiful name for a beautiful person. Harry and Dez were too completely different people to me, their connection of last names and blood meant nothing to me.