❀ | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

And pour myself a glass
It won't be the last
Just all medicine for now

And pour myself a glassIt won't be the lastJust all medicine for now

TW: mentions of overdose & death.

He's alive.

"Emryn," the sound of that name coming from Zayn's lips felt like a warm hug. The sound of it, paired with that face and that smile made my body relax. For a minute we just stood there, a cloud of silence hovering over us. I couldn't help myself, I just had to look at him.

He's alive. Zayn Malik is alive. For the past six years, I never knew what happened to him because he stayed in order to help me leave. We had one night and three hours after we woke up before all hell broke loose. That's all we had, a small flicker of intimate happiness together. It kept me up at night sometimes wondering if he ever had to sit in that chair or the black room.

My hands itched to hug him but I contained myself. His body has changed over the past six years but fuck, this is Zayn.

"It's Madeleine now," I corrected him moments later, feeling happy to do so because I owe a lot to Zayn. Everything I told him I wanted to do, I did it. His face brights even more than before as sparks race through his brown eyes and his lips stretched into a sunshine smile.

"Yeah a couple years ago someone by the name of Louis said the name Madeleine to me. It was the first time I'd heard that name in three years. Then he mentioned your green eyes and I just had to look you up. Only found a blurry picture of you on Louis' Instagram but I knew it was you," he confesses.

"Joe's friend gave me his dealer's number. Goes by the name of ZM. Apparently, he researches who he's supplying. Care to tell me why a drug dealer says you two go way back?" Louis finally reveals what he's been holding back on. Unfortunately, this makes me even more confused because I didn't know any dealers. Especially, none with that name.

"I-I don't know any dealers," I truthfully say, mentally punching myself for stuttering.

My jaw unhinges and I blankly stared at him, the realization mentally knocking me off my feet. Holy shit. "ZM. That was you?"

"Did you leave behind your brain cells when you ran off, darling? I feel a bit disappointed you didn't put together the pieces," he grins. I rolled my eyes and huffed at him. That stupid idiot. Louis owes me an apology when he hears about this. "Sorry, I had a lot on my plate at that moment. My ex boyfriend accusing me of doing drugs because his drug dealer told him to tell me hello didn't help either," I snapped.

"Sorry?" Zayn sheepishly smiles. "Yeah, he thought I was doing drugs after so you should be," I played along but it was only teasing between us. The moment between us simmers and the smile on my face slowly falls. It took me a few seconds to remember why I was here and that I still knew nothing of Zayn and his possible links with Draven.