❀ | 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

This is a double update:)
Make sure to read chapter 18 first.
_________

I couldn't want you anymore
Kids in the kitchen listen to dance hall
I couldn't want you anymore tonight

I couldn't want you anymoreKids in the kitchen listen to dance hallI couldn't want you anymore tonight

Fuck it.

I pushed the door open and walked down those basement stairs with my hand tightly on the railing. At any moment I could slip and plummet to my death. Mitch sat on the table, his mind distracted until he noticed my arrival. His head tilts up, lips parted in shock. "You've come," Mitch murmurs and unfolds his hands and allowing them to grip the table at his sides. "Where is it?" I bluntly asked. No room for pleasantries or small talk was welcomed. My eyes dragged around the room, revealing that we were alone here. "I don't have it..." Mitch hesitantly admits and my glaring eyes dart back on him.

"Michael Rowland, you're fucking testing me," I warned. His eyes widened slightly- yeah, buddy. That shocked me too. "It's two million dollars, Mitch. Not fifty cents and worst yet- it's isn't mine. Wait, that isn't the worst part. That would be the fact that you chose to steal from your friend," I reminded him. Guilt swims in his dark eyes. "I made a deal with my father okay! He caught me. He caught us. Maddie if I didn't do this then all of us would be wearing orange suits by now. I stole the key from Daphne and I beg you, please don't tell her. She'll never look at me the same. And I plan to give your money back eventually. Well your cousin's money," he rambles on.

All my overthinking and panicking left like rocks lifting off my mind. Daphne wasn't part of this. I'll have to decide if I'll tell her or not...

"He's not my cousin," I huffed, feeling the need to say that to him again. Mitch dared to smirk during this situation. "I knew he wasn't your cousin from the start," He reveals. This doesn't come as a shock to me, but still, I asked," how?" Mitch shrugs his shoulders and jumped off the table. "Firstly, his names for you. Secondly, family isn't supposed to look at you the way he does..." He trails off. The mention of Harry stirs the pot in my mind.

It's been a very long day...I miss him. I only got a taste of his hugs and nothing more I wanted than to be wrapped in his protective arms again. "Whatever, Mitch," I sighed.

"Daphne will be here soon with the kids. They passed the test and they got into high school. Daphne's father agreed to help pay rent for an apartment next to Daph and Clarissa's. Dad agreed to help us with supplies and if things get serious then he's willing to help me. Everything is going amazing, Maddie. If stealing from you and getting shot by your boyfriend was the way to get it, then I'll do it again. You'll get your money as I get extra money, I promise."

The news adds light to my mind. For months we have been struggling to give these children lives and now they're getting a shot at it. If it were me, I wouldn't have done things so different from Mitch.