❀ | 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever say what you want to say?
Even my phone misses your call

Comfortable silence is so overratedWhy won't you ever say what you want to say?Even my phone misses your call

"Hey, Joe," I say into the phone with a smile on my face. He picked up after all. Focusing on studying wasn't working out, my mind was elsewhere and I was staring at the pages whereas I should've been reading them.

"Lou told me to avoid you but I'm curious why," he reveals. Joe and Louis have been best friends since high school. He's an amazing guy which makes him a really good friend. Joe studied journalism but he was extremely good with a computer. He can hack into anything. It was his job in high school and that's how he paid for college.

"We ended things for...reasons. I'm wondering how he's going," I cryptically replied. Joe took a few sections to reply, basically torturing me with suspense. "He's good at pretending when I'm around but he's been writing a lot, using that as his outlet I guess," Joe mumbled. My eyes closed as the guilt swallowed me whole.

Makes me kind of sad that he's writing songs without me. That's something we did together. There's one song I wrote that never met anyone's eyes. Still deciding if I should title it 'Your Eyes Only' or 'If I Could Fly.'

"Madeleine, shut up! It's my favorite part!" Harry shouts from where he was comfortably sitting on the couch. Unknowingly, his excited voice tugged me out of the slump I was slipping into. Harry's eyes were glued to the screen. Victorious was showing, the episode where Tori sings freak the freak out.

"Who's that?" Joe asks bluntly. My eyes widened slightly, I forgot about Joe for a second. "Mitch," I lied. Thankfully, they've met once while we were all hanging out. "Can you tell Lou I want to see him soon? Maybe we could do something, I don't know but I miss him and he shouldn't be alone," I continued.

"Considering how hard he's trying to stay away from you, I don't think that's a good idea," Joe objected, his words actually stung though he didn't have those intentions. "But I know you care a lot so I'll keep you updated, yeah?" He quickly blurts out, hoping it would soothe the burn he just made.

My heart sank and shattered at the same time. "Oh, yeah. You're right," I agreed in a soft tone. Didn't like admitting it but I hate that Louis got nothing out of this. And I hated how I was quick to assume that he cheated. Now was it my fault he was distancing from the world? It's my fault the bandaid was off anyway. "Yeah, see you around, Mads," Joe says before ending the call.

This time I forced myself back into work since I had no reasons for distraction. That call with Joe didn't do much justice but now I got the message, he didn't want me. The time had passed, I hadn't look up from the desk in a long time. The sun was setting, the golden rays peeking through the curtains Harry had tugged apart slightly. The green eyed mystery corrupts my mind. Almost I could feel him standing behind me, his breath hitting my neck and my stomach churns, pleading for him to touch me.