FOURTEEN: STUPID SORRY'S

After an hour on debating whether to face the boy, Chanhee had finally decided that this was the right thing to do

After an hour on debating whether to face the boy, Chanhee had finally decided that this was the right thing to do. He knew what he said hit close to home, drug addictions? What the hell was he thinking? He gulped the lump in his throat, feeling the guilty feeling in his guts all over again.

He held tightly onto the bag filled with juice and candy he had gotten from the nearest gas station. He didn't expect for a few snacks and an 'I'm sorry' to automatically gain the older's forgiveness, but he would continue to try and make up for it. Chanhee wasn't the type to apologize especially to someone he was barely close with. But some part in him knew that what he did was so wrong.

He cleared his throat as he saw the light of the upstairs bedroom go on. the house was much bigger than his, though it wasn't a drastic difference. He felt his nerves go throughout everywhere in his body, scared that Younghoon perhaps wouldn't want to face him. Or even worse, never talk to him even if Chanhee tended to pretend that he didn't enjoy the other's teasing.

The wooden front door swung open, showing the tall, worn out boy who could only widen his eyes at the shorter who couldn't bare to face him in the eyes. Instead Chanhee stared at the ground with the bag Handle wrapped around just one finger.

"Chanhee? What are you doing-"

"I'm sorry" Chanhee quickly interrupted, his eyes dangerously tracing their way over to Younghoon's who's were surprisingly softer than usual. "Are those for me?..." he asked as he pointed towards the bag. The bag was quite heavy though it wasn't much Chanhee couldn't handle.

"Uh yeah..."

Younghoon let out a small chuckle under his breath, mumbling 'cute' as he took the bag from Chanhee who was handing it to him.

"I'm sorry Hoon. I should have never said that. I wasn't thinking straight and I know that isn't an excuse for what I said, what I said was horrible and I just want to let you know that I don't think you're stupid. You're actually quite smart for your age to be ho-" Younghoon engulfed the other in a warm and tight hug.

It felt so warm. So sincere. It felt wrong but right at the same time. How could Younghoon forgive him so easily? Even after all of what he said? How did he forgive him without even letting him finish of what he saying? It was all so confusing, though what Chanhee had in mind was for sure maybe too far fetched and he didn't want to get ahead of himself.

He nuzzled his nose on his shoulder as Younghoon's arms wrap themselves securely around Chanhee's waist. He felt safe. The both of them did. Even if it was 12 am in a school morning, they didn't care.

"You dummy why don't you let me help you..." he heard the latter whisper, and he felt his heart break a little. Why does Younghoon care for him so much? There's nothing special about him. What does he have to offer him? Why does he care so much?