TWENTY SIX: OUR LITTLE SECRET

"Are you okay?" Asked Haknyeon, seeing how Chanhee was a bit overly excited to go to school today

"Are you okay?" Asked Haknyeon, seeing how Chanhee was a bit overly excited to go to school today. Usually that wasn't the case for the boy who most of the time complains that the walk to school is too long, but today is different.

Because today he'll get to see him again, and the thought of keeping them a secret from everyone excited him. The secret glances and the secret meetings in the bathroom were definitely going to be the highlights of his day today, especially seeing the confused looks on peoples faces when noticing that the both of them are absent from the cafeteria.

"Yep, better than I've ever been" Chanhee smiles brightly at him, holding tightly onto his book bag strap as he skipped over to the main doors of the entrance. His sneakers squeaked on the floor with his smile never leaving his lips.

People found it new to see him act this way, though they chose to not question it and carry on with their classes. The once gloomy boy finally had a bright genuine smile and it was all thanks to Kim Younghoon, who seemed to be just as happy once he sat himself next to Dongju.

"Guess what guys" Hyunjae swings his arms around both Chanhee and Haknyeon's shoulders, just as excited as Chanhee since he couldn't believe what had happened the day prior. It felt like a lucid dream as Hyunjae tried to pinch himself but every time he would open his squinted eyes, Sangyeon was still in front of him waiting for an answer.

"What?"

"I said guess bitch" Hyunjae demands as the three boys sit themselves at their assigned seats. The teacher was yet to arrive which gave the class of students free time in the meantime. "Hyunjae, just say it I'm not going to guess" Unlike Haknyeon's other two friends, he wasn't having it this morning.

Sunwoo and Him had gotten into a fight where the both of them couldn't even stand to look at each other in the eyes without feeling guilty. Haknyeon for sure didn't want to be the first to apologize, but Sunwoo was scared to mess up even more if he were to.

"I am dating Sangyeon. No I'm not joking, ask him yourself" The rest of whatever Hyunjae was taking about was left as a murmur to Chanhee who couldn't help but think that he was really doing this. He's really going to keep a secret from everyone possibly including his brother and his parents who already seemed to hold a grudge on the boy he is having this ordeal with.

But he is learning to put that aside and focus on what he wants for himself. He wants Younghoon, that statement itself gave him an answer when they agreed to keep what they have a secret. Their little secret.

———

"You aren't going to sit with Haknyeon today?" Lucas asked as he took a huge bite out of his pear, noticing the down expression that fell onto Sunwoo's face after the name mentioned. Usually that weren't the case for the love-strucked boy who usually would always brag about the special boy but today was different.