TWENTY ONE: YOUNGHOON'S CASE OF THE BUTTERFLIES

"ugh" Hyunjae sighed, body spread out on Jaehwan's bed with his legs dangling from the edge

"ugh" Hyunjae sighed, body spread out on Jaehwan's bed with his legs dangling from the edge. Other's could say Chanhee and the rest were unbothered, but deep down inside they were fighting the urge to tell the older to shut up. No wonder Haknyeon ditched them for Sunwoo after school, saying that the two were going to go to a drive in movie theater.

Really that's always been Haknyeon's dream, so all of them were happy that he got to fulfill it with the boy all of them were suspicious about regarding his status with Haknyeon. But to Jaehwan, it was so blankly obvious. They were dating. All the signs were there, he was just as surprise that no one was picking up on the idea yet.

"Ugh-"

"Hyunjae, do that again and I'll kick you out of my room" The room was filled with silence shortly after, no one daring to make Jaehwan mad any further. So with that being said, Changmin played a movie to distract Hyunjae from talking any further, even allowing the boy to cling onto him as Changmin shared a bag of chips with Chanhee.

"Why did you bite me-"

"It was my turn to take some chips out of the bag" So much for a peaceful day. Chanhee ended up giving the whole bag to Changmin, knowing that the bickering won't stop any time soon and he could already feel Jaehwan's darting glares towards them. It was honestly so fricking terrifying that this time it wasn't Hyunjae who he was annoyed at.

Speaking of Hyunjae, the boy had been surprisingly quiet ever since they played the movie. It was a miracle really for them, but something felt off. They chose to let it slide until Hyunjae wanted to speak out more on it, not wanting to push him.

———

"its fricking cold"

"we should have done this another day Hak, we'll get a cold" Sunwoo shivered as they made their way to the gas station across from the drive in theater to make use of the time until it aired. But the chilling weather today didn't benefit them at all, not to mention that they would have to comprehend it for about two hours when they could barely handle two minutes.

"Well fine then, lets just go home-" But before Haknyeon could touch the silver door handle, he got yanked back in front of the younger who's eyes showed guilt. "You know I didn't mean it like that, I'm just saying there could be better days. What about next weekend?"

"My brother has a stupid tap solo, Sunday my brother is making me take him to six flags, pretty much the whole week is reserved for my brother or my mom will ground me"

"Well- today it is then" Haknyeon clapped his hands together happily, dragging Sunwoo to the candy aisle where they grabbed as many snacks as they could, until their hands couldn't hold anything much longer. They were sure this would cause a ton of cavities, but at the end of the day it'll be worth it.

"Trixx sucks ass"

"don't make me take you home" Haknyeon quickly zipped his mouth shut, scattering all of his candy on the counter before both of them splitting up the cost.