Chapter Twenty-One- MDC

"We're going to Bruce Wayne's house for dinner?!" Chloe's ecstatic voice carried through their hotel room.

"It's not as exciting as it sounds Chloe. He wants to know about the Hawkmoth situation." Chloe's excitement immediately dropped and a pout took over her face.

"Why can't anything happen that's actually fun and has nothing to do with Hawkmoth?" Marinette's sad smile was the only answer she got in return.

"Either way, we're going to need the perfect outfits for the occasion!" Chloe's enthusiasm immediately rose again ather own train of thought. "And I have the perfect outfit in mind!"

And with that, Chloe took off, sorting through both their suitcases and throwing clothes all over the floor until she finally found what she was looking for. Marinette let Chloe have her fun, simply watching the chaos unfold in front of her with amusement.

By the time five thirty came around, both Chloe and Marinette were dressed spectacularly with Marinette in a frilly pink shirt and ripped black jeans and with Chloe in a yellow sleeveless crop top and black shorts with sunflowers embroidered on them.

Overall, by the time Alfred came to pick them up in front of the hotel, they looked ready for a photoshoot

The Waynes stood in front of their manor, three of which were bouncing on their feet with anticipation while the other three, Bruce, Selina and Damian, looked at them with confusion and suspicion. By the time the small black limo pulled up in front of them, Dick was vibrating with excitement.

Luckily, Marinette and Chloe wasted no time in stepping out because Dick finally burst and jumped forward to be the first to hug them. Marinette was so surprised she had to hold herself back from reacting on reflex and accidentally flipping him over her shoulder. Thankfully, she was able to hold herself back and relaxed, hugging him back. Chloe awkwardly patted his back through the hug, still unsure what was happening.

"Alright, that's enough. It's my turn with Pixie Pop!" Jason shoved Dick aside just as Marinette was wrapped in another hug. Chloe was thankful she was able to dodge this one, the only hugs she was used to getting were from her best friend, Marinette.