Chapter Twelve- Winners

I have aged up all the characters a couple years so that Marinette is in her final year of school before going to college and Damian is the same age as her(18). Tim is in his twenties.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group's walk into the classroom had been a bit dramatic to say the least. They had all noticed the jealous stares people were giving them as they had started walking together towards the classroom, but they ignored them in favor of the banter they ignited between each other. Nathaniel, Nino and Max had joined the group and Chloe had started up her usual sibling-like banter with Nathaniel, Marinette trying uselessly to quell the argument. Nino and Adrien watched the argument with amusement, not even trying to stop the two from shouting at each other, while Nino also made a bet with Max about who would win. Kagami and Luka were in their own little world and eventually broke off from the group to head to their own classroom.

Their rambunctious laughter and gestures didn't stop as they reached the classroom, it continued up until class began, much to the irritation of Lila. Everyone's focus had been on them that morning, with their new clothes that all seeming to fit them perfectly and it bugged her to no end. She had heard whispers of a new up-and-coming fashion designer MDC and that she had been the one to design their clothes.

She had tried to find the designer's website so she could get Alya to destroy it with fake reviews, but she couldn't find anything except a tweet from Jagged Stone promoting MDC's work. When she read the full tweet she found that her website was private and that only people with MDC's personal information were allowed to access it in order to prevent false reviews. Jagged also said he was only giving out that personal information to other people he trusted that would also support the new designer's work. Lila fumed at this new information and from being blocked from spreading more of her lies yet again.

Near the end of the school day Marinette had been traveling from her physics class and back to Mrs Bustier's for English when she spotted a familiar figure enter the courtyard with a newly bought coffee in his hand.

"Hey! You're supposed to be resting," Marinette scolded the lanky man as he set his eyes on her slightly familiar face. Tim recognized the girl from the bakery and realized she must have taken him to the hotel he was staying at.

"As much as I love sleeping, I also kinda need to earn a living." Tim replied in an amused tone, clearly not taking Marinette's scolding seriously. "By the way, my name's Tim."

"I'm Marinette," she replied, realizing she hadn't introduced herself.

"So if you're trying to earn a living, why exactly are you at a school?" Marinette asked sarcastically and also with a bit of curiosity, his sense of humor rubbing off on her.

"What? You don't think I'm a teacher? I'm so offended." Marinette laughed, unable to contain herself as his sarcasm took on a whole new level. Tim's smile was careless as he laughed along with the girl, her laugh utterly contagious.

He sobered up a bit as he answered her question: "I'm here to announce the winner of a competition, perhaps you know them. I'm looking for Mrs Bustier's class."

Marinette gasped in surprise, "Are you from Wayne Enterprises?"

Tim looked at her in surprise before he remembered the name of the person that had submitted the essay was Marinette Dupain-Cheng. His hand lifted up a bit, subtly pointing at her as if to ask her a question.

"Are you Mrs Dupain-Cheng?"

Marinette smiled gently at him, the knowledge that they had won the competition in the back of her mind. She held off her excitement until she could celebrate with her friends.