Chapter Sixteen- New Suit

I do not own this artwork, this belongs to the original artist

"Okay, I only have one question left," Tim said, breaking Marinette from her dark trance, "why do these flowers bloom when you're near them?" Tim asked, purposely steering Marinette away from thoughts of Hawkmoth.

"Oh, that," Marinette giggled. "The longer that we hold our miraculouses, the more the magic within them starts to leave residual energy on the holder. For me with the Miraculous of creation, plants and animals are drawn to me and react in my presence."

"So like, if dinosaurs still existed, you might be able to tame one?" Tim asked in an excited yet interested tone. Marinette laughed at the notion, not being able to picture herself standing in front of a T-Rex, petting it's muzzle.

"I'm not sure that's how it works, but maybe, I guess." Marinette shrugged, unsure of the correct answer. "But they don't exist anymore anyway. Chat Noir's Kwami, Plagg, accidentally destroyed them." Marinette said absentmindedly.

Tim's jaw dropped, "A Kwami eradicated the dinosaurs?!" Tim asked, shock and disbelief crossing his features.

"He didn't mean to, it was an accident, at least the way he tells it, it is. But then again there was also Atlantis and Pompii," Marinette giggled, remembering Plagg's retelling of the events that he told her one night when Marinette and her friends had all had a sleepover together. Tim starred in open-mouthed shock at the new information being thrown at him. His thoughts were mainly stuck on Atlantis actually existing at one point in time.

"Alright everyone, that concludes the end of the tour, food and drinks have been set up in the garden to my right so please enjoy and remember to throw away your trash when you're done." Grayson announced loudly to the class in order to grab their attention.

The trail had opened up into a wide open space with picnic benches and a row of food lined up for the students to choose from. The students surrounded the table, each of them grabbing plates.

Most people were done getting their food and Mari was walking over to her friends when Lila and Alya walked by. Alya fake tripped with a cup of juice in her hand, trying to ruin Marinette's clothes and embarrass her to get back at some the things she had done to Lila.

Alya's hand was intercepted by a firm and forceful force grabbing onto Alya's wrist, jerking Alya's hand into an uncomfortable position from which Alya couldn't retract from. Grayson's steely eyes glared down at the girl and Alya felt herself shrink into herself, but still tried to break free of his grip.

Marinette turned, seeing the situation and realizing what Alya must've tried to do. Dick let go of the girl's arm, and Alya quickly brought her arm back up to hold to her chest.

"I do not tolerate bullying and if I see it again, I will send you and all your little bully friends on the next flight back to Paris, do you understand?" Alya's usual indignant expression took form on her face and her arm came out, pointing at him, ready to defend her actions when Dick spoke first.

"Do you understand?!" Dick accentuated more, glaring down at the two girl's in front of him.

Alya visibly retracted, her arm shaking with the effort to not overstep her boundaries or else get sent back to Paris. She huffed before turning on her heel and dragging Lila away with her, who was already telling lies on how she could get him fired.

Dick turned to Marinette who had a grateful look on her face.

"Thank you, but you didn't need to do that."

"While I was leading the tour, I could hear them saying some pretty awful things about you and your friends as well as a particular girl that said nothing but lies the entire time. I can't stand bullies, I wasn't just going to let them do that to you." Dick said earnestly and smiled at her. Marinette smiled back, his smile was contagious.