𝐢𝐢

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑 of the room she lay in slowly began to wake her up. She stirred, before realising her strange surroundings; Adelaide darted her eyes around the room, surveying the situation she was in.

Was it some type of cell? It didn't look like it, from the soft furnishings and some-what comfy bed. She'd been in a few cells before, kidnapped once or twice as leverage. It was as if she was a sort of pet to Thanos; she never went on missions like Gamora and Nebula, so what value did she have except for being someone for Thanos to talk to and look after. That all changed when she developed her powers though. Suddenly she was far more than just a hobby, she was Thanos' most powerful weapon.

'I've alerted Mr. Stark that you're awake, he should be here shortly.' A voice announced over speakers, which Adelaide attempted to find, to no avail. She even through her hands up in defence, which said something about the life she was used to.

She paced around the room, covering her hands with her long jumper, which she only just realised she had on. It wasn't hers, she didn't own any normal clothing, it was much softer than the suit she constantly wore back at home. Adelaide tried thinking happy thoughts as she waited for Mr. Stark to arrive in her new room, but slowly the lights began to brighten as the girl was unable to calm herself down.

The lights flickered and she looked up in horror of herself. Her eyes immediately averted to the white door of her room as it creaked open, with a man in a suit and glasses on standing behind it.

'Where am I. Tell me now or I'll tell my father I'm here.' She commanded, voice reedy and thin.

'Hey, calm down, kid. You're in the Avengers tower, my buddy Banner is gonna patch you up, alright?' Tony stated, looking around the room and noticing multiple items shaking in their spots of shelves.

Adelaide stayed silent, eying the man.

'I'll come get you in like five maybe ten minutes,' He uttered. Then looked again at the the shelves and paintings moving slightly. 'Uh, don't break anything?' Tony smiled briefly then backed out the room, closing the door behind him.

He returned fairly swiftly, quick enough for Adelaide to be unable to make an escape plan. She could've easily have just left, there were no locks on the doors, but she was - again - afraid of what would happen if she even attempted a small release of power. Tony knocked before entering the small room, and this time he entered with a woman at his side, who was wearing a similar jumper to Adelaide's.

'You try lay a hand on me, I'll break both of your necks.' Adelaide snarled at both people, taking a few steps backwards before the back of her legs hit into the bed.

'I like this one.' Natasha remarked, smiling at Adelaide. 'C'mon, let's get you all checked out.

The lab was a pristine white, with large tables with vials filled with god knows what. Adelaide was sat down on a large chair, and a man in a lab coat sat down analysing data of some sort. Tony cleared his throat and caught the man's attention.

'Oh, Tony. Sorry I was just-' He stopped speaking when he saw Adelaide, and pushed his glasses up. He put his hand out in front of him, and Adelaide jumped back in her seat, causing one of the lenses in his glasses to crack.

'I didn't mean to-' Adelaide looked at the man's glasses briefly, before turning her head to look at the ground.

'It's alright they were the wrong prescription anyway.' Banner sighed, removed the glasses and set them on the table beside him.

Stark walked towards the pair, shaking his head slightly. 'Alright cut the small talk, I want a full rundown of this... child.' Tony announced with haste, obviously bored stiff.

'Adelaide' She said.

'What?'

'That's my name. Adelaide.'