𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 through blurred eyes, Wanda being forced to kill her best friend, the Avengers that were conscious having to watch. Adelaide lay on the ground, star flecked skin painfully keeping her down with ever movement of the constellations. The blue was replaced with black, as her pupils took over her eyes for just a moment until they returned to their crystalline form. Wanda cried out, with Thanos' hand upon her head he spoke down to her, telling of the grief she and him shared. Only then did Adelaide realise what he'd done. Gamora had told Adelaide of the whereabouts of the soul stone, and now she rooted around in those long forgotten memories that were supposedly hers, and realised what she'd done as well.

A soul for a soul.

Time reversed so quickly and effortlessly, and Vision was there again, as if he never left. That familiar shout, almost a pleading. Thanos struck down Wanda as she tried to stop him from retrieving his last desire. Adelaide blinked, and Vision was beside her, eyes grey and distant with no sign of life behind them. Wanda screamed and lay upon Vision's body, pleading for him to wake up and that they don't trade lives. Wanda's eyes departed from Vision, and she instantly saw Adelaide heaving and panting on the floor as parts of her body were covered in spacious empty voids.

Adelaide's eyes darkened, and she watched a blue streak fall from the sky. Thor. Wanda leaned over Vision and cupped Adelaide's face in her hands, wiping star struck tears from her cheeks. Wanda sobbed and ran her fingers delicately over her star flecked skin, over the curves of her body as Adelaide slowly began to lose consciousness. A muted shout and cry came from Wanda as she delicately formed wisps of scarlet atop of Vision's head while holding Adelaide tightly.

Adelaide felt the shift in the universe before it happened. She felt the disconnection and sudden pull from all the souls being stripped from the earth and the endless sea of life beyond.

'Adelaide? Wha- What's going on?' Her soft voice in her head, so sweet, so loving. So confused and afraid, full of grief.

Then between her fingers she felt dust, and then she saw behind closed eyes that her love was fading into nothing, her body scattering and being taken by the wind until there was nothing left. That slither of a connection between their minds and souls gripped on as tight as it could, the scarlet witch clutching to the creator of the universe. But neither could do anything, Adelaide unable to move, so stricken with fear, and Wanda powerless against this mighty power.

The shouts of the afraid and the weary were nothing compared to Wanda's last cry inside Adelaide's head, was nothing compared to the pain they felt as they slipped from each other.