𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐱

2 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩. 𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐍𝐘𝐂

'Just come home, please?' The pleading and raw desperation was evident in the tone of Adelaide's voice. A small chuckle came from the phone she held to her ear.

'Not like this, D. I'm a wreck, have been for the two months she's been gone. All this... shit I've been doing, it's catching up to me and believe me, I'm not faster than this.' The voice rasped, Adelaide's breath hitched. Goosebumps rose on her skin, star flecked and not. She shivered, rubbing her hand on her arm and whining when she felt the rings on her fingers scrape skin off.

'Pietro, you're coming home. Let us protect you here, we can.' Pietro could almost hear the lump in her throat rise. 'I've been getting better at controlling my powers, I want you to come see. God I want to make paprikash with you and-'

'Do all the things you did with my sister? I'm not going to bring her back by cooking with you, by... by being there. Don't call me, Adelaide, okay? And don't you dare spy on me because you know I can feel that. I feel it now.' It was true, since Adelaide had mastered the art of being able to look anywhere in the world through the eyes of people she knew, she did check up on people. Granted Pietro the most, as she was doing now.

She sighed.  'Pete you're living in a hell hole. Is that what she'd want? Her brother living somewhere like you are?' Pietro scoffed. 

'I don't care anymore, Adelaide. I'm unredeemable.' The line went dead, Pietro's eyes were gone from her sight, kicked out. Bastard. The room seemed to get colder as her sadness and feeling of isolation grew. She threw on a jumper, curling into her bed and gripping onto the locket around her neck that Wanda had gotten her.

'Just do it!!' Wanda giggled as she pulled Adelaide into the warmth of the jewellers. Adelaide shushed her as the clerk's began to stare at them. Wanda pressed at the glass and cleared her throat, gathering her composure. 'Ehem, uh this one please.' A small, silver locket. Adelaide pulled Wanda's shoulder's so they faced each other. They smiled at each other and Wanda grabbed from the side of her the necklace the clerk was passing her. Wanda's cold fingers brushed Adelaide's neck, clipping the necklace onto her. She pressed the locket onto Adelaide's chest. 'And you put anything you want in it.' Wanda sighed. Adelaide reached her hand upwards to grab a strand of Wanda's brown hair. She opened the lock, placed the hair gently inside.

Adelaide didn't dare unlock the necklace, afraid she'd lose the last part of Wanda she had. Adelaide instead got up, she walked to the training room below, taking off her jumper once she got there and then her top, leaving her in a sport bra. The stars covering her left breast and parts of her back, she'd tried to conceal them once before but was unable to. She gathered all the strength she had in her, and began to work on constructing a small play castle in front of her. She stared at it, the constellations lighting up inside of her body and the castle began to shrink, contort, change into whatever Adelaide wanted. She sighed, blinked and everything in the room changed around, the colour schemes, where everything was. Adelaide had become fairly accustomed to her new abilities, the ability of changing everything, forming it to the image that lay dormant in her mind.

Truly, she knew she could do anything she wanted, she could change histories, make new people form different realities. She could alter the lives of anyone anywhere, but she was too afraid. What would such power do to her body? The ones she loved? The risk was too large. So instead of staying holed up in the compound, filled by memories of a family that no longer existed, she would go see Pepper, see how she was doing without Tony, if she was doing any better than Adelaide was. She didn't think she would be.