𝐯𝐢𝐢

𝐌𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐈𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐖 from behind the wall where Ultron stood, knocking multiple Avengers over. Adelaide ran to underneath the large table situated in the far corner of the room, attempting to hide herself from the situation.

However, her plan did not work out the way she intended it to, as a Stark Legionnaire walked towards her. She held her hand out, about to squash it's metal exterior without laying a finger on it, when it spoke. It's eyes lit up red.

'Oh, careful, Adelaide, I've read their file on you... They don't know as much as I do.' It spoke, corse, rough voice piercing her eardrums with every vowel. She immediately retracted her hand, and as she was too focused on the red Legionnaire, and all it had said, another one was able to creep up behind her, and land a large blow on the back of her head, knocking her completely cold.

It wrapped it's arm around her waist and picked her up, holding her as if she were a bride. Tony noticed the Legionnaire as it lifted into the air, and attempted to sprint after it as it made its way towards the large window of the tower. It smashed the glass effortlessly, and Tony attempted to rush out after if, but Thor grabbed ahold of him.

'Stark!' He yelled, clutching onto Tony's pristine suit.

'Get off me! I need to save her!' Tony yelled and attempted to punch Thor off of him, which obviously had no effect without his metal strength.

'I'll get her Stark. Just stay here.' Thor let go of Tony, who fell onto his knees and watched as the god swung his hammer and flew out after the robot.

Natasha placed a hand on Tony's back and looked out over the city, attempting to spot the Legionnaire, but was unable to.

'She can take care of herself.' Natasha comforted Stark as he kneeled on the glass-ridden floor. He scoffed and shook his head, slightly looking down at the floor.

'She can, but she won't.' Tony admitted, and Nat knew it was true. Adelaide had never used her powers to protect herself, and that would be the only thing to work against Ultron, as her knuckles would simply crack upon colliding with the metal housing. Not to mention it admitted that the Legionnaire suit wasn't even his final form, which would most likely be much stronger than Stark's suits.

So all the team could do was clean up the mess, and wait, for any sign of Thor or Adelaide.

Wanda and Pietro had been wandering the streets of Sokovia for hours, looking at the mess left behind by the Avengers. Pietro kicked a broken suit, discarded i the floor after being trampled and destroyed by the townspeople. Wanda scoffed when he did it, and spat on the suit. It's eyes illuminated red, suddenly, and Wanda gasped in surprise and fear of the robot.

'Well, that was rude.' It finally spoke, causing Wanda to lift it up with a rise of her arm, as red smoke circled and intertwined with the robot's circuits.

'The church, I want you to meet me there.' The robot spoke, before it's power suddenly died and it lay there in the air, supported my Wanda's energy.

'Do you think it is wise to go?' Wanda questioned, as she released the Legionnaire from her scarlet grasp.

'Well considering you are able to see this person's intentions before we even have to step foot inside and I could get us out of there before you can say 'Paprika', yes I think the odds are stacked in our favour.' He replied, smiling reassuringly at his twin. Pietro grabbed her hand, and with a wash of blue smoke they were out of the streets and outside the church.

Adelaide was woken up by a stabbing pain in her neck, and when she was conscious enough to see her surroundings she noticed that she was kneeling. She looked behind her, where Ultron was sitting in a stone seat in the middle of what look like a chapel, a sort of blanket covering his metal housing. It was looking down with one arm at it's side and the other in front of it, and it's hand clasping the back of Adelaide's neck, keeping her sat where she was and unable to move. Before she could struggle or react to her situation, a small voice came from behind her.

'Talk. And if you are wasting our time-' The voice began, before Ultron interrupted.

'Did you know this church is in the exact centre of the city?' Ultron questioned rhetorically. Adelaide looked around her, at the old stones that made up the walls of the church. 'The Elders decreed it to that everyone could be equally close to God... I like that the geometry of belief....' It continued on, tightening his grip in Adelaide's neck, forcing blood to spill out from where it's metal fingers pierced her skin. She winced quietly, attempting to not make a sound as she was afraid of it hurting her even more.

'You're wondering why you can't look inside my head.' At that statement Adelaide knew exactly who their guests were, as Wanda had attempted the exact same manoeuvre on her. She had actually noticed who it was long before, but didn't want to admit it as that would be admitting that Adelaide had replayed their short conversation so many times in her head, that she was extremely familiar with Wanda's tone of voice.

'Sometimes it is hard, but sooner or later every man shows himself.' She admitted. Ultron stood up, hand still clasping Adelaide's neck. She screamed in pain, tears forming from her eyes as the blanket fell off of Ultron, revealing it's new metal body. Wanda gasped as Ultron turned around with Adelaide in hand, gasping for breaths.

'Oh I'm sure they do.' It said, looking from Adelaide to Wanda, a smirk on it's face. Pietro grabbed Wanda's hand quickly. 'But you needed more than a man, that's why you let Stark take the sceptre. Sorry about my friend here...' It gazed at Adelaide, who was stealing breaths with widened eyes and blood pouring down her back. 'She's awfully.... loud.'

Ultron raised the girl higher until she screamed with what remaining breath filled her lungs before it released it's grip of Adelaide's neck and threw her in front of the twins. She coughed and sputtered as she lay at their feet, Wanda's eyes widening and hand covering her face.

'I didn't expect,' Wanda began, eyes no longer fixated on Adelaide but looking again at the robot in front of her and her twin. 'but I saw Stark's fear, I knew it would control him.'

Adelaide looked up at the girl, perfection dazzled her eyes as she lay, exhausted on the cold ground. Her twin leant down next to her and brushed through her hair with his fingers, before sliding his arms underneath her limp body. Pietro lifted Addie into his arms and she grasped his t shirt with her hands and snuggled her face into the smell of his cologne.

She didn't hear much of the rest of the conversation, and didn't catch any sorts or snippets, which Nat always had instructed her to do when this sort of situation would inevitably come up. What Adelaide did notice, however, was when Ultron came to retrieve her from the twins, Wanda stepped in front of robot, shielding Adelaide from it's iron grip.

She heard the dark haired girl argue in her thick sokovian accent, and Pietro held tighter onto her, which made her feel warm and happy inside.

Adelaide never left Pietro's arms, and from that day she never left Wanda's mind either.