𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒 or often just crafted weapons from the shadows she had, answering her beck and call. The Outriders were being slaughtered, the brunt of them focussed on Adelaide, but none even got close to her as she enveloped them all in inky black. Pietro sped around, attacking the Outriders before they could blink. Adelaide smiled at him, panting and holding a broad sword she had created. His smile was pearly.

Proxima and Corvus watched as their slaves were decimated, outmatched by the Wakandan army and what Avengers were present. She snarled, signalling Corvus to go for Adelaide, who looked at them gazing upon her. Corvus slowly approached her, large weapon in hand and his body slumping as he walked. Adelaide lifted her chin, and let her sword return to the shadows from which it came.

Her eyes were bored as she gathered electricity within her fingers, and Corvus struck a hit towards her, which she dodged. She looked around to see him swinging again, this time hitting her in her stomach. Adelaide stumbled backwards, before firing a shot straight at Corvus and sending him flying. She lifted up his body with her mind, and he struggled in her invisible tethers. Proxima watched and smiled at Adelaide.

'The killer father crafted you exactly to be.' She spoke quietly, loud enough only for Adelaide's superior hearing to pick up on. Corvus hovered in the air as Adelaide's interest peaked, her eyes flicking to Proxima's smirk and shrug. Corvus began to choke in the air, Adelaide tightening her grip with her fist, allowing the shadows she kept contained inside her to seep out of her skin and out of her eyes. Proxima's smile began to fade, and her breath increased as she watched Corvus change shades.

Adelaide began panting with exhaustion as she battled to control the strong feelings inside of her, chomping at the bit to ease their way out of her. Pietro ran quickly to her side, and she used the empty part of her mind the shield them both from any Outriders that attempted to cause them any trouble, they slammed against the invisible barrier, illuminating it silver. Pietro looked around frantically, grabbing Adelaide's spare hand.

The strain on his neck became too much for Corvus, and he stopped breathing, the colour fading from his face. Proxima shuddered at his death, and Pietro gripped Adelaide tighter, as she watched his body slump to the floor, taking a break from the fight within her. Proxima stared at Corvus' body, and Adelaide retracted her arm from Pietro's grasp. The shadows retreated inside her body, and her wings slumped to the floor, dragging and catching dust as she walked. Her head slumped, walking away from her fallen brother's body.

Outriders jumped and clawed at her, but all were blocked by her invisible walls of impenetration. The Avengers around her were being attacked and overtaken by the creatures, and Adelaide looked upon them all in fear of herself and what would happen if she tried to help them. Adelaide stood still, gazing around the battlefield, at soldiers kneeling over some of the wounded, a few crying. Then, a huge light, bursting from the sky. From it, the God of Thunder, Groot and Rocket.

Adelaide's eyes lit up, the darkness shifting from them. 'Oh you're all gonna die now.' She whispered under her breath, tucking her wings in as she ran to Thor's side, grabbing the hilt of her sword. He didn't even look toward her, his face filled with rage and anger. Thor took to the air, and yelled something Adelaide didn't hear, distracted by his eyes and the untamed lightning surrounding him.

She wondered what it would be like, to be so unafraid of your own power, to let it run so wild but still have a hold of it. Maybe she'd just try....

Her body lit up, the power underneath her skin clawing and itching to be released, to reek the havoc it wished to bestow upon the world. Adelaide's neck suddenly began to hurt, she rolled her head around and a tint of power seized her muscles. Outriders clamoured on top of her and she fell onto the floor, her white hair being splattered with the mud beneath. Adelaide twitched underneath the creatures as they snapped, until she couldn't stave it off any longer.

So she let it go. Adelaide screamed out and shadow and night and death itself broke out of her, sending the creatures flying back, their blood boiling them from the inside out and melting their eyes. Adelaide stood up, power filling her veins and clouding her vision, the blue of her eyes dusted away by utter darkness. Her looks around the field fell onto Natasha, who came running over to her.

'What did you do?' Nat looked Adelaide up and down, panting but not changing the girl's expression of simple surveillance. Adelaide stood tall, nearly the same height as her friend.

'I think I remember it all.' Adelaide softly mentioned, and Nat shook her head in confusion. An outrider came slashing towards them, but without even considering it's path Adelaide blocked it with ease, sheltering Natasha.

'What do you mean? Remember what?' Natasha pondered and Adelaide turned her head to face her then. She breathed outwards in a short sigh.

'Everything.'