𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 forwards, the light bouncing off him and revealing himself to Tony and Banner. Tony looked over at him.

'Yeah how about nonce?' He commented sarcastically, to which Steve rolled his eyes. Adelaide and the twins were behind the super soldier, and Adelaide could feel Wanda's discomfort, which was understandable, seeing as a couple of hours ago Wanda and Pietro were on the opposite side from the Avengers.

'Shut it down.' Steve commanded, looking from Banner to Tony who were both moving around the room to different screens and tapping, before moving again and doing the same thing.

'Nope. Not gonna happen.' Tony said, not even looking up from where he worked, typical. Steve sighed and Adelaide held onto Wanda's hand, who was shaking slightly, and the girls didn't even have to look at each other, as they were feeling everything the other was.

'You don't know what you're doing.'

'And you do?' Banner retorted, to everyone's surprise. 'She's not in your head?' He pointed first to Adelaide, and then realising he had done it, he tried to cover it up by pointing to Wanda instead. Adelaide shook her head.

'You bastard.' She barked at him, knowing he hadn't make a mistake, after hearing what the team had seen at the boat, and after he had replayed it himself after tampering with the chip in Adelaide's neck, which he had been able to disable, but not remove. Wanda walked forward, still holding onto Adelaide for comfort.

'I know you're angry...' She began, only to be interrupted by Bruce.

'Oh we're way past that.' He disclosed, his expression not changing as he uttered his next words. 'I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade.' Adelaide looked up at Banner, her fist clenching and teeth gritting together and a small stream of shadowy smoke tumbled from the corners of her eyes like tears, flowing not from the inside of her eyes, but the outside. Wanda noticed this quickly before anyone else and backed Adelaide into the safety of behind a cabinet and stroked her hair.

'It's alright, I'm here.' She comforted, looking Adelaide in the eye and touching different aspects of her face softly. The shadow soon dropped for the last time and Wanda smiled at Adelaide, who grabbed ahold of Wanda's hand again and wandered back next to Pietro.

'She alright?' He asked, strands of concern wavered in his voice. Wanda nodded and then Pietro looked over at the adults, who were arguing loudly about whatever was inside the cradle. He scoffed, before leaving in a blue smoke and detaching all wires and power sources from the cradle and then standing on the glass floor.

'Oh no please, go on. You were saying?' Pietro asked, before suddenly a shot was fired upwards to where he was standing and the glass beneath his shattered, sending him down a floor. Beneath the glass was also Hawkeye, who Adelaide suspected had fired the gun.

'What? You didn't see that coming?' Clint mocked, smiling at the platinum boy, who even smirked at his joke. Tony scrambled around his tech, pressing buttons and re-routing uploads before Cap suddenly flung his shield, smashing computer screens and monitors. Tony grabbed his suit and fired a shot at Steve, and Adelaide averted one of the shots, before realising Bruce had ahold of Wanda. Her eyes widened as she jolted her head upwards, sending Bruce into the air and releasing Wanda from his grip. Adelaide ran over to her and cupped her face in her hands, checking if she was alright, and Wanda smirked at her. Adelaide kicked her softly as Wanda burst out laughing, and the two hadn't realised it, but multiple shots were fired at them, and they were all deflected by a small shield that surrounded them, conjured by nothing but their happiness, as they laughed and joked.

Their jokes were cut short however, when Thor burst through the building and landed on top of the cradle, hauling his hammer and conducting lightning into the cradle. Adelaide looked over to the god, slightly afraid as he was then flung off where he stood as the cradle exploded open, revealing a red, android-y type man. It looked at Wanda first, and Wanda looked back at it, staring at the yellow stone in it's head.

Before anyone could realise, the being slammed itself into Thor, pushing him into the glass behind him and then continuing on, as if to fly out the window, but stopping abruptly before hitting it. It stared out across the city, gazing at the lights in the dark, illuminated city. Adelaide held onto Wanda and severed their connection, not wanting to hear Wanda's thoughts any longer, and not wanting Wanda to hear her own. The black haired girl looked at Adelaide, a look of confusion smeared on her face, her green eyes scanning for an answer before Adelaide had to give her one.

'Addie, what is it?' She asked, but Adelaide just smiled at her and tucked a lock of her hair behind Wanda's ear, then returned to look at the strange being, who was now next to Thor.

'I'm sorry, that was.... odd.' He excused. 'Thankyou.' The being nodded towards Thor, who acknowledged him, before the strange man noticed the god's cape, and then makeshifted his own.

'Thor.' Steve began to his friend. 'You helped create this?' He asked, pointing at Ultron's vision.

'I've had a vision' Thor announced, 'a whirlpool that sucks in all life and at the centre,' He pointed to the stone in the being's head. 'Is that.' Wanda looked at Adelaide, who was focusing on the conversation, and she began speaking to her.

'I've seen that before.' Wanda announced, her voice echoing in Adelaide's head, who just carried on observing the conversation as it continued as she replied.

'Where?' Adelaide questioned, gripping tighter onto Wanda in reassurance and trust.

'When they did that.... stuff to me.... I had a sort of, hallucination. The sceptre broke, and in the remains of it was that. And this weird shadow but that doesn't matter.' She told Adelaide, who pondered as she felt a strange connection to the stone. Wanda left Adelaide's arms as she walked towards the Vision.

'I looked inside your head and saw annihilation.' She stated, not fully trusting this being that had just been born.

'Look again.' He assured, but Clint walked over and scoffed.

'Yeah I'm afraid her seal of approval means jack to me.' He said, glaring at Wanda. Adelaide warned him inside his head and he looked over at her and shrugged unapologetically.

'Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself they all came from the mind stone.' Thor explained to the team. 'They are nothing compared to what it could unleash. With it on our side...'

'Is it?' Steve interrupted, looking at the Vision. 'Are you? On our side?'

'I don't think it is that simple.' He breathed. Steve scoffed.

'Yeah well it better get real simple real soon.' He threatened. Vision looked across the team as he spoke.

'I am on the side of life.'

𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐮𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐰𝐡𝐨?