41. Through a Thousand Eyes

I unlocked my hands from eachother and an orb that stretched out sapphire blue light appeared in my hands. "Lumos luminieré sol revilar lupus." The light suddenly seared into my fingers and into my arms. I winced at the burning sensation spreading throughout my body. "Keep on it. You're already accessing revilar lupus." Sophia whispered and I let out a cheerful laugh as the raven haired revilas stepped out from behind me. She kept her eyes on me and I kept mine on her.

We were in a field outside of the school grounds. I hovered a feet in the air with my legs crossed as Sophia hovered all around me. "Someone's coming. It's the blonde." Sophia said and I stood up before I let myself fall. I dropped on my knee and put my hand on the ground before straightening myself up. Turning around, I glanced upon the nearing shadow of Lizzie Saltzman. She disregarded Sophia with a glare and a scoff, before stepping infront of me. "Amaya Rose Mikaelson!" She shouted and I chuckled. "Yes, Elizabeth?" I smiled and she smirked at me before she returned to her mean face. Her eyebrows knitted together and she let out a scoff. "You must be kidding me! What the hell are you doing? Since before Josie is off to our Mom, you haven't been yourself and now you're here with the pretty gift-giver? Seriously? Get your ass back to school, we're dealing with the Necromancer. By the way, the bracelet is still cute." She spoke loudly and was visibly upset and annoyed at me, but not very much at Sophia. "No one told you?" I asked and she raised a brown, thick eyebrow. "Obviously not." She said and I sighed and looked at Sophia before my eyes drifted back to Lizzie, wearing a dark blue coat.

"I'm done with the school. Handed in my enrollment termination papers just this morning. I needed to leave, Elizabeth. To focus on this." I looked to Sophia and she smiled encouragingly at me. "This? What is this?" Lizzie asked incredulously. "You can't just leave. What about Josie? Hope? They need you. We need you." She stepped forward and put a hand on my shoulder. "Let's go. Just let's go back home." She whispered and I shook off her hand and stepped away. "I don't have a home anymore." I shook my head and told her, "I... I do, in New Orleans, but this school here? I can't stay any more. It's only causing me pain and misery." She scoffed again and shook her hand. "What!? No. This is your home. I know Josie's not here right now but she'll be back soon. We can still fix things. I can help you, okay? Whatever it is. Just like you did with me whenever I needed it." She spoke, now much determined and stepped closer again.

"Fix things? Lizzie, do you hear yourself? You don't know what's going on and yet you still want to fix things? And help me? No, I don't want your help, Lizzie! Just leave and go back home." I said and she shook her head again. "No. Not without you. This is your home, too." She said. I sighed deeply and looked to Sophia out of the corner of my eye. She looked down at her watch and the files in her hands. "Lizzie! Get the hell off my back. I don't want to go back with you. The school isn't my home anymore and you're not my friend anymore. Josie and I aren't in love anymore and as far as Hope is concerned... she's been only ever in my way!" I told her and took in the look of betrayal on her face as I remained calm. She gasped as I stayed still and didn't flinch for one second as she started to punch me in the chest. "You're not my friend anymore! You hear me? You're not my friend anymore! You've never been my friend!" She yelled and then huffed as she turned and walked away.

I shuddered and my breath, which I've been holding, exhaled in tiny gasps. I looked down and locked my hands together when they started to glow a bright blue. "This was necessary, 'Maya." Sophia whispered as she took my hands in her own and then put two fingers under my chin and forced my face up. "I lied to her. I might as well have punched my best friend in the face." I told her and she shook her head. "She'll be fine. They all will be. Cutting off your ties with them is the first step. You wanted this, Amaya. You said..." She said as I grew more and more fractic about what I'd just done. "I know what I said. I wanted them to think I'd turned. All of my previous behavior would finally make sense. They need to get as far away from this as they can." I took a deep breath and looked down at my hands. Sophia had let them go. I stretched my fingers and teal colored crystals danced around my fingertips. I let out a laughter of joy. "And now that I've accessed revilar lupus, we can begin Phase two." I said and she put the files back in her backpack. "Now, get me my hands on Ruby Hale." I told Sophia determined and she smiled at me. She now held a tablet in her hands before opening a portal to Meridial. "Accessing Phase two. Hale Protocol by Sophia M. Chamberlain." She spoke towards the tablet and then we stepped through the portal together.