↳ 38. One merge equals one race

The sound of explosions and screaming awoke two figures, lying in the grass beneath an old tree. The raven-haired woman woke up first and gasped quietly when she saw what happened. She quickly realized the man beside her, still unconscious and shook him awake. Her hands had a tight grip around the revilas' shoulders. The two of them got up while dots were dancing in their views. As they cleared up, the woman quickly took the man's hand and ran into the forest to get to the secret tunnels underneath the ground. They left the burning world behind, trying to fix what was left of it.

I woke up screaming from the top of my lungs. My body shook, even when a few seconds later Hope wrapped her arms me. "Shh, it's okay. You're okay. You need to calm down, Amaya." Hope said, her voice was merely a whisper as she stroke my back. Still screaming, I didn't even hear the footsteps, nor the door opening and closing and not even Josie sitting down infront of me, beside Hope, and taking my face into her hands. I eventually stopped screaming, yet the shaking of my body didn't.

I opened my eyes and Hope took my shaking hands into her own, her thumb stroking the upper side. "What did you dream?" Josie asked and I shook my head as the shaking slowly came to a halt. "I need to go." I snaked myself out of their touch and got up only to be held back by Hope. Her hand found mine and I turned to her. "Why? What happened?" She asked and I let out a shaky breath. I bit my bottom lip as though to hold back my own words that were coming out of my mouth. "Someone is messing around with the magical power source of Meridial. If someone doesn't make it right, well... the consequences could be disastrous." Josie sighed and stepped forward.

"Why does it always have to be you?" The Gemini asked and I put my hands on her cheeks. "I'll be back before you know it. I promise. I will be okay. Tell Hope where the stone is and destroy it." I whispered and pressed a quick kiss on her lips before I stepped back and snapped my fingers. A long, black gown swapped placed with my pyjamas and I looked down to see a small glass bottle filled with sand in my hands. "If I'm not back before the moon comes up, I need you to get this to Aunt Freya. She knows what to do with it. Under no circumstances are either of you to open it. Understood?" I spoke and looked at the two before placing the bottle in Hope's hands. They nodded. Confusion was still present on their faces.

"What are you not telling us?" Hope asked and I sighed. "My mother is ill. Meridial is falling apart. James is alive and my girlfriend is full of black magic. Ruby is after me. And the one thing I could always count on seems to be slipping away from my grasp. I need to find the Elders to try to undo it all." I said and pressed a kiss on Hope's cheek before I turned around and left Earth through a portal.

Sophia stood before me with a man I only recognized from visions and dreams. James. My son, James. I blinked a few times before he stumbled towards me and before I realized what was happening he was in my arms. Hugging me. Being alive, really. Finally. After all this time.

He let out a shaky breath as he put his shaking hands on my back. Sophia was covered in blood and dirt. "I heard that an illness has befallen my dear mother." I spoke, spitting sarcasm out with every word. Sophia realized that and walked over to me after James pulled away from me and slapped me across the face. My face turned to the side and I held my cheek before grunting. "Yeah, I deserved that." I grunted. "Where's Ruby?" I asked. "Why, my darling Amaya I am right here. And I am ready. Can you say the same?" I turned around and watched as she stood there. Her voice turned colder the more she spoke.

Her green eyes were glistening playfully and she had a smile on her face. Her hair was in a ponytail. "Do as you would normally do. Let them think that it's all going after plan." I did not back away when her voice appeared in my head.  So, our plan was going to work after all. I smiled and looked over my shoulder to see Sophia in worry. "Use the dessárite spell on her. It'll take her magic away. There a vials of my father's blood in a drawer, give one to her and the magic will disperse upon the contact with vampire blood. But from then on, she will no longer be Queen or a revilas. Her bond to my father will disperse and there will probably be an after-shock in the realms. The revilas on earth such as Selina could not handle it and explode. If they do, well then I'm unsure of what will happen. Be careful." I said to Sophia upon which she nodded and turned around to run towards the castle. James reluctantly followed her after he gave me one last, worried look.