chapter- 39

We were sitting on the outside patio of a coffee shop in silence until the waiter came and served our coffee. The sun was sinking slowly in the sky giving the buildings a soft orangish hue.

" How long you two have been together?" Brielle asked and there it was—a swift glimpse of jealousy and pain in her eyes that she quickly stifles with a blink as she held the coffee cup.

My mind was suddenly paralyzed. What on earth I am going to reply to her. I have no idea, how much lie Richard has told her about us. 

" Uh...few months,". I tried to play safe and immediately glanced down at my cup. I am really a bad liar, I don't want her to caught me lying.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed with a new text message notification. I opened my messages, pressed Richard's name, and read- I have made a  dinner reservation for us At 9. don't be late. I couldn't help but smile to myself. Keeping the mobile aside I glanced back at Brielle and smiled a little.

" Did he e...ever talk about me?" pain broke through her voice. My heart sank looking at her. And for a minute, I thought she was going to cry.

" Yes," I lied and her grey eyes immediately lit up with hope. 

"He does?" she couldn't believe what I said.

I nodded. " In fact, he talks a lot about you...sometimes I feel like he is still in love with you, and he only came into a relationship with me because he is mad at you or trying to forget you" I tried to sound disappointed so that it would sound genuine.

" What!" she gasped in surprise. 

" You are joking...right?"

I shook my head sadly, "why would I say something about my boyfriend until I am sure," I said stroking the rim of my cup.

" I can't believe this" her tone was surprising but with the tinge of happiness. "But Doesn't it hurt you that he still has a feeling for me,"  she looked at me with sympathy in her eyes.

"Yes, very much...But I can't do anything about it. If you two love each other I am happy to go away but first I just want to make sure you still love him"

" Yes, of course, I love him, I love him so much. He is the only reason why I flew down to London," 

 I put on a small smile but deep down her words were piercing my heart. 

" Brielle I know you are a nice girl and you made a mistake... And I don't judge people on their worst mistakes. I just want you to promise me that you will not do anything in the future to hurt Richard, Because I really like him, and I can't see him in pain...ever. So promise me you will love him like he deserves," I tried to conceal my warning tone.

" I promise you, I won't do anything to hurt him," she said almost jumping out of her chair with a new shine in her eyes. 

" Just give him some time to forgive you,"

" I am happy to give him all the time he needs But whenever I tried to talk to him he runs away...I don't know how can I make him forgive me," she ranted. "Maybe you should talk to him," she suggested brightly.

"Me?" I blink in surprise. I was like if he gets the slightest of a clue what I am doing here. He is gonna kill me. 

" I am sorry, but I am not much of a help here... You have to figure it out on your own. Try to find some alone time with him," 

" Alone time, My ass," she scoffed rejecting my idea. " He is so mad at me that he doesn't even like to see my face,". 

I sighed summoning up my courage. I can't believe what I am going to say, " We have a dinner reservation at the hotel's restaurant at 9.pm. So You go instead of me," I said with my heavy heart. At that moment I felt like I was giving up my favorite thing.