chapter- 21

We all stood up when the bride with her handsome father walked down the aisle. They walked slowly, and I must say the bride was looking so regal in her exquisite white lace designer wedding dress. she walked down the aisle with a smile on her lips and gaze on her groom Nigel. I looked at Richard standing beside the groom with a broad smile on his face, he was feeling so proud and happy for Nigel, I can say by the look on his face. I was shocked when I saw Jane there but I was more shocked when I realized that she was the bridesmaid.

I was seated next to Richard's friend Robin, to whom Richard had asked to stay with me all the time Because I don't know anybody here. Richard got busy the moment we stepped inside the venue, I don't blame him for that, after all, it's his best friend's wedding. I can't believe, Richard actually asked Robin to babysit me at the wedding so that I don't feel alone. Robin Is actually the most talkative person I ever met in my life.

We all sat down when the ceremony started, the minister spoke about the importance of marriage, I looked at Richard who was standing beside Nigel beaming with joy, he really is one true friend, Nigel is lucky to have him. I then looked at Jane who was standing beside the bride in a chiffon peach gown holding a little bouquet of lilies. The wedding was taking place under the open sky and on the huge manor's lawn. They both took their wedding vows in front of a grandiose wall of white flowers, the wall was decorated with white roses, peonies, and out-of-season bushels of tuberose. I actually fell in love with the way the marriage took place.

" You may kiss the bride," the minister said, they kissed, and instantly the whole place resounded to the deafening sounds of clapping, whistling, cheering, and shouts of joy. I glanced at Richard, and I caught him looking at me with his beaming joyous smile. I smiled at him, giving him a small wave. He winked and my smile broadened. Sometimes I find him so loving and childish, that it triggers the desire in me to have him in my life.

As the ceremony got over we all gathered in ground where the sitting arrangement has been made for the dinner. There were many round tables laid with fine cutlery, a dance floor and a stage where a six string quartet was playing softly. Guests were enjoying themselves, chatting over glasses of champagne. The finest foods and wines were served.

"Somya, look there, That girl, " Robin said pointing at the young girl whilst sipping onto his wine. The first thing I noticed about that girl was that she has a perm in her hair.

" Wow, she is so beautiful Robin, I think you should go and talk to her."

" Really?"

" Of course"

Nervousness was all over his face as if he is going to ask her for marriage. I must say that Robin and that girl would really make a great couple.

" Now go" I encouraged but in a bossy way.

" Okay ma'am" He chuckled.

He stood up closing the lower button of his suit and pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose. I watched him as he walked to that girl nervously, and soon they both got into an engaging conversation, they were talking and laughing. Aw!

I was sitting alone at the table, gazing around at the guest. I felt like everyone was looking at me sympathetically and then I realized I haven't seen Richard in the last half an hour or so. Where the hell he is ? I looked around searching for him but all I could see was guests were congregating and enjoying the wedding. I stood up and made my way inside that huge manor to find him and to be honest to have a look at the inside of that manor.

As I reached the front double door of the manor, two guards were there at each corner of the door. One of them smiled politely and opened it.

"Thank you," I smiled. The doors opened into a hallway. I was amazed to see the interior, the interior was old yet aesthetic. The hallway was wide and elegant with a shiny white gold speckled marble floor and a white walls. If the hallway is this beautiful I wonder what the rest of place look like. I was so mesmerized by the interior that for a few seconds I forgot why I had come here in the first place then I set off my eyes back to finding Richard. I slowly moved forward looking at each portrait hanged on the wall, Some were of families others were of intimidating gentlemen dressed in old-fashioned clothing.