chapter 29

Prince Harry: -

As I climbed out of the car, I could hear loud music being played inside Jane's house. I entered the hallway, it was filled with chattering people. I didn't know Jane was going to throw this big party to celebrate her brother's graduation. Everyone watched me as I walk, they smiled, and I smiled back as I passed through them. Most of them whispering to their friends looking at me. Ignoring them I walked further into the hallway, and the music became louder.  

 I entered the hall where the party was organized, The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle. Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. I couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in my ears and wouldn't seem to stop. The song that was playing got louder.

"Hi, honey how are you?" Jane shrieked with delight and launched herself at me.

 "Hey, I am doing great, thanks," I replied leaning down to kiss her on the cheek. " How was your trip?".

" Harry!" 

Alec came barreling through a throng of people. He was wearing a suit. He looks good and he was beaming at me. " Hey alec, congratulation brother," I spoke pulling him into a bro hug as he joined us. I and Alec always get along so well. We have so much in common, one being that is that we both don't like to be the center of attention. Alec must have tried many ways to cancel this party, I am sure. 

" Quite a big party...Huh?" 

" I know," he rolled his eyes.

 " Shut up, you moron," Jane chuckled hitting alec on his shoulder. I laughed. 

" Alec" someone called out his name from behind. He glanced behind us and threw his hand up in the air to wave.

" I'll catch up with you later, Harry"  Alec said before leaving. 

" Sure, go enjoy"

"I missed you, baby," Jane said and threw both her arms around my neck, pulled me to her, and kissed me, quite thoroughly and more forcefully. I felt she would literally devour me, For the first time in my relationship with jane I felt so strange kissing her as if someone was forcing me to kiss her. I finally broke away. 

"Jane" I murmured, untangling her arms from my neck. Her blue eyes blinked in confusion and shock. She didn't expect this, her cheeks flushed out of embarrassment. But a reluctant half-smile tugs at Jane's lips to hide her embarrassment and to make everything look normal but deep down she knew something was wrong. 

 " You alright?" She asked, glancing around. I looked around vaguely to see if anyone was watching us, but every eye stared at me in blank amazement.

I darted my attention back to Jane. " Yeah absolutely. I am gonna grab something to drink, okay?" I smiled. She smiled back. I headed to the long raised narrow table where drinks were being served. I sat down on a stool and put my head in my hands. Never had I felt so disgusted with myself. I didn't mean to do this with  Jane...but It didn't feel right to kiss her.

"What can I get you, sir?" The man asked.

" A  wine please". The man moved along the table, poured the wine into the glass, and returned with my drink.

" here you go, sir," He placed it in front of me.

"Thank you," I smiled. I sipped the wine slowly thinking about what is happing to me. Why I am feeling so out of place. I was so frustrated that I left the half-drunk glass of wine there, walked through the crowd, and dashed outside into the lawn. The night's chilly air welcomed me. I looked up at the bright stars shining calmly down upon me. I smiled to myself as they reminded me of my last night with Somya. There is something about her that makes me so calm. Her brown eyes always sparkle with joy. She is a child inside.